Thoughts?

[name]Hi[/name],

What are your thoughts on the name [name]Xanthe[/name] ([name]ZAN[/name] thee), or would it be better spelt [name]Zanthe[/name]?

It would be [name]Zanthe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks

[name]Zanthe[/name] sounds too modern. [name]Xanthe[/name] is beautiful enough with the correct spelling.

[name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is very nice, but misspelling the name cheapens it. It’s ruining a nice, unusual name.

I adore [name]Xanthe[/name]! Pretty, feminine and unusual, but not frilly at all.

I like the original [name]Xanthe[/name] spelling, especially as I don’t think the X would cause a pronunciation problem; most people automatically pronounce X at the start of words as Z, especially as names like [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] aren’t unheard of.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Xanthe[/name] is gorgeous! Pretty and feminine with exotic, but familiar, sounds. I wouldn’t spell it [name]Zanthe[/name]. Most people understand that X followed by a vowel usually makes the “Z” sound- xylophone, Xerox, etc. Plus the X looks ten thousand times cooler and is the traditional spelling.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think i prefer the traditional spelling [name]Xanthe[/name]. Although my OH has decided he doesn’t like it! Back to [name]Lola[/name] for us :smiley:

[name]Lola[/name] is definitely more accessible than [name]Xanthe[/name]. [name]Xanthe[/name] makes me think of Xanthan gum- a food additive.