Thoughts?

DH and I were chatting randomly about names the other day, and one of the few names he said he liked was [name]Claire[/name]. I’m neutral. No strong feelings for or against. I think it is a pretty name- simple and elegant. BUT, after surfing around the berry site, and mentioning it to my mother, it doesn’t seem to be all that pleasing to others. Does it work as a first name?
What do you think?

Thanks
G

I absolutely love the name [name]Claire[/name] as a first name. Honestly, I find it a little plain as a mn (only because its overdone) but as a first name I think it is stunning. There is also [name]Clara[/name], which is a little jazzier if that is what you looking for.

I simply adore the name [name]Claire[/name]. It’s so simple, yet so pretty and elegant. (Then again I’m pretty biased as it’s been my favorite name for quite awhile.)
I haven’t seen many people on Nameberry that aren’t fans of [name]Claire[/name]. Except, as [name]Leah[/name] said, it’s quite expected as a middle name, and it’s always more stunning as a first name. My mom also isn’t a fan of [name]Claire[/name], but it’s still such a great choice.
I really love [name]Claire[/name], and you can’t go wrong with it. But [name]Leah[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Clara[/name] might be more interesting to you

I’ve always loved the simple, yet exquisite [name]Claire[/name]. It’s such a classy and sophisticated name. I definitely think it is a great name for a little girl (as well as a teenager and a grown woman…it ages quite well).

I also adore [name]Clara[/name]…it’s less popular than [name]Claire[/name], and even more charming, in my opinion. I associate the name [name]Clara[/name] with sweet [name]Clara[/name] from the Nutcracker, and I love the ballet and the character, so I can’t help having a soft spot for the name [name]Clara[/name].

Best wishes to you!

~*~Nameseeker3

I’ve loved the name [name]Claire[/name] for as long as I can remember. Its so charming, not overly girly (even though I love some of those sorts of names too), sounds good at any age and is quite timeless. I’ve read on here that it means bright, which imo is a great meaning! Perfect name! Good luck!