Thoughts?

My 3 sisters and I all have French middle names, and I want to give any future daughters I may have French middle names as well. My list of potential middle names looks something like this-
Colette
Vivienne
Amelie
Anais
Charlotte
Victoire

And Nathalie. I love Nathalie and would really love to use it as a middle name. But I’ve been having trouble coming up with something I feel flows well with Nathalie as a middle name. I finally came up with Lilah Nathalie and I think I love it. But I would really like some outside opinions, so nameberries, thoughts on Lilah Nathalie? Any other suggestions for first names for Nathalie?

My naming style is fairly traditionally, if slightly offbeat. I love Ophelia, but the bf HATES it. We’ve compromised on Violet and Arielle. We both like Natasha, but I don’t know if I LOVE it. I love Estella, Blythe, Lorelei, Yvaine, Elena, Evangeline, and Audra. We both like Aurelia, but it seems quite similar to Arielle. He likes Anastasia, and I do too, but I’m afraid it’s too much.

Also, my boyfriend (of nearly 5 years, whose children these will be) “really doesn’t care for” the “h” in Nathalie. He thinks it’s excessive and just being fancy for fancy’s sake. But I think that’s what makes it French. I love the flair it adds…so I’m not really sure what I’m going to do about that. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Advice? I am open to it all…

[name]Even[/name] both [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Nathalie[/name] isn’t my favorite, they flow well with.
I like [name]Lila[/name] better than [name]Lilah[/name]. But, [name]Nathalie[/name], I like it with h.

I love [name]Amelie[/name]! It’s both gorgeous and classic!
Why don’t you use it as her first name? :slight_smile:
But with [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Arielle[/name], I don’t like it. sorry!

I love [name]Lilah[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name], they sound lovely together. The only suggestion I have is to drop the ‘h’ from either [name]Lilah[/name] or [name]Nathalie[/name]. I have no qualms with the ‘h’ in either name when they stand alone but, to me, seeing them written together like that looks like too much ‘h’. That may well just be me being overly picky though.
Of your other options I love…
[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] (Maybe extend it to [name]Violette[/name] to add a dash of french flair?)
[name]Natasha[/name]

Other french names I quite like are…
[name]Abella[/name]
[name]Ariane[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]/[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Leola[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped :smiley:

I love [name]Mireille[/name], [name]Cosette[/name], [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Lucienne[/name]. But I have a cat named [name]Lucy[/name] and I fear [name]Cosette[/name] is too similar to [name]Colette[/name], and between the two [name]Colette[/name] wins(I want to use [name]Coco[/name] for a nickname).

and I definitely love the idea of [name]Violette[/name], thanks for that suggestion.

I agree with the two “h”'s being a bit much, I just don’t know which one to drop. For some reason [name]Lila[/name] always looks unfinished to me, but the H in [name]Nathalie[/name] is what makes it French to me. Ugh, too many choices haha.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice. I needed reassurance that [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Nathalie[/name]/[name]Natalie[/name] worked together :slight_smile: