Thoughts?

So this is just for fun, I’m just wondering.

What are your thoughts on the name [name_u]Adley[/name_u]? It’s a variation of the name [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]. I’ve heard mixed opinions about [name_u]Adley[/name_u], so I just wanted to hear more thoughts, I guess.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for nicknames for [name_u]Adley[/name_u]?

I like [name_u]Adley[/name_u]! It sounds modern and sweet. I prefer [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]–but that’s probably just be because it’s more familiar to me, so when I hear [name_u]Adley[/name_u], it sounds like it’s missing the “h.” That’s the kind of perception that would almost certainly change if I met someone with the name! For nicknames, [name_f]Addie[/name_f]/[name_f]Addy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lele[/name_f] come to mind.

1 Like

[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] sounds more compete to me.

1 Like

It seems a little trendy for me. [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], and [name_f]Edie[/name_f] are some alternatives.

2 Likes

I like it! It sounds like a playful take on [name_m]Adler[/name_m]. I think it’s short enough to not necessarily need a nickname, but you could go for [name_f]Addie[/name_f], [name_u]Lee[/name_u] or even pair it with a J initial in the middle and go for AJ. I like the idea of [name_u]Adley[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Adley[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nn AJ.

1 Like

[name_u]Adley[/name_u] gives me the strong imagery of a beautiful, sunny lea or meadow for some reason…

It in itself sounds very nickname-y but that’s fine. i feel like nicknaming this isn’t really possible cause it sounds like a nickname for [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Adalia[/name_f], [name_f]Adelina[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], or [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_u]Adley[/name_u] is cool. I like the sounds

I love [name_u]Adley[/name_u] on its own ! It gives me an image of a free, light hearted person for some reason. [name_f]My[/name_f] niece is named [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] and so I think I have to agree with a previous comment that [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] sounds more complete and familiar to me but [name_u]Adley[/name_u] is pretty as well. And for a nick name I used to call my niece “Haddy” because that’s how it came out when I talked in that cutesy baby voice you do to a baby so maybe a nick name for [name_u]Adley[/name_u] could just be [name_f]Addy[/name_f] ?

1 Like

I like [name_u]Adley[/name_u]! It is very interesting, specially for a boy. [name_f]Addie[/name_f] or Ley came to my mind as nicknames.