Thoughts?

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] as first names? I’m currently on the fence about them but I would like some feedback one way or another as to whether they’re worth adding to my list or not!

• What do you objectively think of these names? Be as honest as you’d like!

• Do they work with my list? (For reference - [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_u]Genesis[/name_u], [name_f]Destiny[/name_f], [name_f]Araceli[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Bethany[/name_f], [name_u]Jordyn[/name_u], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], [name_f]Mariah[/name_f], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Selah[/name_f], [name_f]Trinity[/name_f], [name_f]Miracle[/name_f], [name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_u]Havilah[/name_u], [name_u]Harvest[/name_u], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f], [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Galilee[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f], [name_f]Promise[/name_f], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f](le), [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f])

Thank you!

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] I’d probably keep for a middle but [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] feels very usable too

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Eden[/name_u], I think it’s very usable as a first name! So is [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], although it’s getting old in my head and I’m not all that fond of it, personally. I adore [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] and [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], but I think they’re a bit too out there for me as firsts, but as middle names they go gorgeously! I think all four of the names fit your style well :blush:

1 Like

Eden is adorable! [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] is nice, but a little dated, I think. [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] and [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] are sweet, but feel more like gps, imho. But I think all of them fit in with the rest of your list!

1 Like

I’m obsessed with [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] is nice, but I can only see [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] and [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] in the middle name spot.

1 Like

Rachel: Great name! For sure works with the list.
[name_f]Cherish[/name_f]: Actually sounds good to me! Totally makes sense as a unique first name. Works with list.
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]: It’s fine. Definitely gender ambiguous. Works with list.
[name_f]Blessing[/name_f]: I’d only consider this if it had special significance since it doesn’t really sound like a name to me, and I’m sure there are plenty of names with this meaning. They would need to be a true miracle child :smiley: Works with the list but would be a slight outlier.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I actually know a [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], and I’ve started liking the name more since I met her ! :slight_smile: I think [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] may be better as a middle name for one of my more common firsts ([name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], etc.), but I’m thinking [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] are going to make the jump to my list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rachel and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] work as first names. [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] and [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] work as middle names. They all work with your list. Personally, I would avoid virtue or obvious word names (for first names at least) for the following reasons:

1. I don’t know what it is but people tend to name animals virtue names. I know two horses named [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], one goes by [name_f]Cherry[/name_f]. If your kid gets into equestrian things, that could be funny or embarrassing depending on how you look at it.

2. The bullying/ joke material with virtue/ obvious word names is very, very easy.

3. Stripper names tend to be puns (Sinammon), basic white girls ([name_f]Brittany[/name_f], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f]) or virtue names ([name_f]Charish[/name_f], [name_f]Chastity[/name_f], etc). Now strippers, or exotic dancers if they prefer, are amazing. They can deal with awful customers, make bank, and are very strong, etc. Have you seen pole dancers? They can crush your head with their thighs and I challenge anyone who says otherwise to take a pole dancing class and see how fast their bias changes. The only other profession I can think of with a virtue name is a nun of some type.

In conclusion, virtue names should stick in the middle name spot, unless they are not super obvious like Ametie.

I’m going against the grain in this one. To me every time I hear of [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] as a first name I default to this woman! So yes I think it’s completely usable!

3 Likes

I think that [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] all fit well with your current list! [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] could probably get in there.

I’ m not a huge fan of virtue names or names along those lines so for me [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] is too much. I think [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] is less noticeable and you could easily get away with it.

My favorite is definitely [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] reminds me of friends and just a kind of Meh name but [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is very cute and if you’re religious (christian) it fits well.

1 Like

Personally, I think [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] are the most usable names out of the four. Both also seem to fit well with the other names on your list (which is lovely btw!). I also think [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is a lovely name!

I personally don’t find [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] or [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] usable or all that attractive as first names. But they could be very sweet as middle names or even pet names for a beloved child. In my opinion, they also seem to stand out a bit from the other names on your list, they just seem less name-y.

Rachel and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] definitely work as first names and they work well with your list. [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] has a more 90s vibe, so I could definitely see her with sisters [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], for example. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is a bit more trendy but still works (even with [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]!). I like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] with [name_u]Jordyn[/name_u], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] best. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] could be a cool (slightly religious-leaning) sibset of [name_f]Edie[/name_f] and [name_f]Zippy[/name_f].

Cherish and [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] would be middles only for me, though I think they both fit well with some other names on your list, like [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] and [name_f]Promise[/name_f]. So if you were feeling braver than me these would be a nice set.

Rachel is a good, solid name. It isn’t my favorite as it has a slight dated feel to me, but still very usable.

I used to work with a [name_f]Cherish[/name_f]. There is a sweet quality to the name. Not my style, but I think it’s pretty.

I have always adored [name_u]Eden[/name_u]! So beautiful and has this simple elegance that I love.

Blessing is probably my least favorite of the names you are considering. I don’t hate it, but feel there are better options.

I think all the names fit into your working list (which is beautiful by the way :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

I mean, I get it, but virtue names are pretty common place where I live, so I don’t know that they’d be bullied here. I know lots of girls named [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and a [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], a [name_f]Praise[/name_f] and a [name_f]Charity[/name_f] and a [name_f]Chastity[/name_f]. I do think [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] is less name like though, so I might move it to the middle spot.

@Alix2016 - Oh that’s awesome! She sounds bad*ss, ngl!

@forestergal - I do get how [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] could be a bit much! I have [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] on my list already and I feel like they’re close in meaning, so maybe [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] will just be a middle name.

@amal2970 - I do get what you mean about them seeming a bit less name like, haha. I think they’re used a bit less though so that could be why?? and Thank you!!

@taylorhart - Thank you! I am a bit brave with firsts but I kind of waver sometimes lol. [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] and [name_f]Promise[/name_f] would be great as sisters to [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] though!

@Pomerose - Thank you!!

2 Likes

I’ve been crushing on [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] recently, so I absolutely am rooting for that one! It goes great with the rest of your list! I also really like [name_u]Eden[/name_u]! The other two are definitely a little out there for me, but there’s nothing wrong with them! [name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_u]Bliss[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] also seem up your ally!

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and cherish. I prefer bliss to blessing if I’m honest. [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] stands out for me from them names as it’s not a word name? But I can see other names on your list do. Names like [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] etc.

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], it is quite sensible and always timeless. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is nice, I knew someone I didn’t like with the name. Other than that it is nice, trendy though. Unfortunately, [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] and [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] aren’t my favourite, I don’t see them in a positive light. They fit with your list though. I absolutely am obsessed with [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], from said list, so beautiful!
xx - [name_f]Aleksandra[/name_f] “[name_f]Aleksa[/name_f]” Y.

1 Like

Definitely like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] best.