Three and Four - They've Arrived!

They’ve arrived! Actually they arrived 15/08/20, nine minutes apart just after 6pm. This mummy was a whale when she popped as they were due full term on 21st, and for a second I thought I’d find myself as one of those rare unfortunates were carries twins all the way – over a week longer than I carried my last baby in fact. But pleased to report zero complications, they didn’t hang around and the major plus of I’m three for three on natural birth so no complaints to be had with babies three and four. While I find myself with a quiet five minutes at something silly past midnight, I’m so pleased to announce the arrival of our twin girls: [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f].
I’ll admit that whilst I would very much have liked to have bounced more name ideas around with the berries before our babies were born, I’m afraid life and work and two tireless young children in the covid-era has just seen everything fly by in an utter blur! I suppose we will never know how many of my suggestions really were that much more superior to some of the tosh my ‘better’ half suggested!
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] is just a name we love with some great historical weight which is why it was my pick. [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] on the other hand was very much hubby’s choice. As I mentioned in a previous post, my husband wanted this for a girl because he loves the fact that when I was a child we had a dog called [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] which he finds very entertaining. I do love this name (and I loved the dog!) and whilst I swore if we used it, it would have to be a middle name, as time went on and many other names came and went, I agreed to switch [name_f]Emma[/name_f] to a middle name and [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] to a first name. I feel like I’ve earned major wife points here!
I am aware that [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] and [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] perhaps don’t sound like the best twin set, but then I wouldn’t say that our older two children’s names ([name_f]Natalia[/name_f] and [name_u]Aeron[/name_u]) are matchy-matchy. We picked names we liked and they are all individuals, so we didn’t feel any pressure to ensure they blended perfectly.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] are our traditional picks. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is my middle name and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is just beautiful. Our older children have the same name type for their second names: [name_f]Ysabel[/name_f] (pronounced [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]) and [name_m]John[/name_m].
Then we have the third names – [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f]. Same as with our older children whose third names are [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m], these were the easiest names we picked. These are the names I think we wish were brave enough to use as first names. But alas we’re [name_f]English[/name_f], we live in a rural community and I can’t see myself shouting any of these names down a supermarket aisle in despair and frustration.
I didn’t touch on this with our older kids when I posted about their births, but [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] was picked for the fated and fabled princess of [name_f]Russia[/name_f] (and it was a name my parents gave me for a day when I was born, though it never stuck) and [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] was chosen after the renaissance painter (hubby proposed in the Vatican, all very romantic etc.). So as we’ve set the bar fairly high, it was great fun coming up with [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f].
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is from [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], who in my mind is one of the more misunderstood and certainly more interesting women in the bible. We are Church of [name_f]England[/name_f] family and whilst we aren’t christening our kids (they can make up there own minds when their old enough), I love the name [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] as it’s synonymous with the biblical figure.
[name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f] is the real first name of [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. This was inspired by a berry who suggested [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] to us. Now [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] isn’t a name I love, but [name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f] is another level. So much love for the royal family and as Queens’ names’ go, we don’t think our daughter could do much better than this.
So that’s that! We aimed for three children and were blessed with four. Our house is certainly full now though, so as we won’t need them, if anyone is interested our twin boy’s names would have been [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. If we’d have had one of each, well I suspect we’d have been pulling names from a hat!
Stay safe all, and best of luck to all the mummy’s and daddy’s out there. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband reminds me often that one day our kids will have kids, and we’ll get our own back by living just a little too far away to be convenient baby sitters!

25 Likes

Congratulations! I’m so happy your family is safe and sound with two new additions! Those names seem very meaningful and a perfect blend of your styles. I’m happy to see [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] used, especially with an appreciation for the connotation. Each name was clearly chosen with care. I wish you luck and joy in the coming years!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Love[/name_u] their names!

Congratulations! This is a marvelous announcement. I’m so happy for you! Carrying twins to full term most have been an extraordinary challenge for you, but it is an amazing event.
Your twin girls have incredible names, just like their oldest siblings. I love the history behind your choices.

I wish you the best! Good luck and stay safe :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Congratulations! Your girls have adorable, spunky retro names- I especially like [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] :two_hearts: good move putting it in the first name spot- you definitely get major wife points! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] your babies are safe & healthy

1 Like

Congratulations! What a great naming story - so much meaning to each name!

Beautiful choices! Congratualtions

Congratulations! [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] and [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] are just beautiful, and their full names are amazing :two_hearts:

Best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

Love their names, Congrats!:partying_face:

Love the names so much! Congrats!

great names! its fine they don’t match because these names are chosen with more care than any matching names I’ve ever heard of

Congratulations! Wow, I love every single one of your childrens’ names! [name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f] is beautiful, [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is one of my fave names and [name_f]Ysabel[/name_f]-- wow!! The first names are stunning, [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] is so pretty and [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] is soooo cute. (:

Gorgeous names and cool story! Congratulations!