Three best friends?

I’m writing a kids story that’s set in the future where humans are now beginning to properly colonize [name_u]Mars[/name_u]. The story follows three friends who go to school together in a new settlement on the red planet. They’re a troublesome trio, think [name_u]Harry[/name_u], [name_m]Ron[/name_m] & [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], but on [name_u]Mars[/name_u].

Kid 1 - The leader of the group, smart but maybe a bit too confident. Gender is ambiguous and uses they/them pronouns. I’m torn between [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] or [name_f]October[/name_f]. Surname will be [name_m]Jones[/name_m]

Kid 2 - Female, level-headed, athletic. Most likely going to be called [name_f]Avia[/name_f], which means bird and plays into her story. Open to other suggestions which have a link to birds, flying or the sky (that aren’t word names).

Kid 3 - The nervous, quiet one who is obsessed with [name_f]Earth[/name_f]. Male, smaller than the other two. I have zero ideas so far even on vibe, so would be cool to hear some options.

Edit:

• I don’t want Kid 2 or Kid 3 to have word names. They can be made up names, but I don’t want more word names.
  • I don’t want to repeat initials or sounds.

Thanks! I love the name [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], but I would like to avoid Kid 2 and Kid 3 having word names if possible. So that rules out [name_f]Saga[/name_f], [name_u]Story[/name_u] and [name_u]Lark[/name_u] too. But they are awesome names and I might take [name_u]Story[/name_u] as a sibling to [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (If I choose [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] over [name_f]October[/name_f], I’m still unsure)

I like [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] too, but prefer [name_f]Avia[/name_f] a little more.

For character 1, I think [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] sounds feminine so I’d go with [name_f]October[/name_f]. I’d genuinely have no clue what to expect in terms of gender with [name_f]October[/name_f], so it feels perfectly ambiguous. Plus, [name_f]October[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] is a really badass name imo.

I love [name_f]Avia[/name_f]! [name_f]Avis[/name_f] is a similar option but I think [name_f]Avia[/name_f] is perfect.

Some one-syllable names that aren’t words for character 3:
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Shea[/name_u]/Shay
[name_m]Dom[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]

I tried to include a few different “vibes” so hopefully you’ll get a sense of what you’re looking for (or not looking for, if nothing feels right lol).

That’s the exact reason why I was leaning towards [name_f]October[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m], @SparkleNinja18. [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] was their original name when they were going to be female but I like [name_f]October[/name_f] because you couldn’t even begin to guess and that’s what I want.

Thanks for the list! I like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_u]Seth[/name_u] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m] but I am not sold on them. I just can’t nail what I want this kid to be called at all. Maybe I am being too restrictive with him having a single-syllable name. Afte rall, [name_f]October[/name_f] and [name_f]Avia[/name_f] are both 3.

1 Like

I’m thinking I might go:

October [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Avia[/name_f] [name_m]Copeland[/name_m]
[name_u]Roux[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] / [name_u]Roux[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

I like [name_f]October[/name_f] and [name_f]Avia[/name_f] for the first two. For the last one maybe [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_m]Conan[/name_m], or [name_m]Felix[/name_m]

Kid1: [name_f]October[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]

Kid2: [name_f]Avia[/name_f], [name_f]Avis[/name_f], [name_f]Aderyn[/name_f], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_f]Celandine[/name_f]

Kid3: This one is hard :confused:

Random: [name_m]Davenport[/name_m] “[name_m]Davey[/name_m]”, [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Oren[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

Earth-related: [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_m]Ajax[/name_m], [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_u]George[/name_u], Miltiades “Mill”, [name_m]Poseidon[/name_m] “[name_m]Cy[/name_m]”

1 Like