Three LEAST Favorite Boys' Names

See the results of this poll: Which are your three LEAST favorite of these names?

Respondents: 81 (This poll is closed)

• Bertram: 6 (7%)
  • Claude: 2 (2%)
  • Delbert: 15 (19%)
  • Eugene: 8 (10%)
  • Horace: 14 (17%)
  • Leroy: 5 (6%)
  • Marlon: 3 (4%)
  • Norbert: 16 (20%)
  • Vern: 10 (12%)
  • Wilfred: 2 (2%)

Sorry guys ( I mean the boys names) I voted for-

[name]Delbert[/name] - I like [name]Del[/name] or [name]Dell[/name] on it’s own though.
[name]Horace[/name] - I’ve had a fascination with the Egyptian [name]Horus[/name] but this name reminds me when your sick and your voice is hoarse.
[name]Norbert[/name] - maybe it’s the “bert” ending that’s turning me off.

[name]Claude[/name] is great.
[name]Eugene[/name] - I even like [name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Leroy[/name] - I like [name]Elroy[/name] - yes from the [name]Jetson[/name]'s.
[name]Marlon[/name] - [name]Marlon[/name] [name]Brando[/name] anyone? nn [name]Marley[/name] this name is great too.
[name]Vern[/name] - [name]Vern[/name] from Trading Spaces made me love this name years ago.
[name]Wilfred[/name] - It’s like two names in one [name]Will[/name] and [name]Fred[/name].

I disliked most all the names with ‘bert’ in them. The rest are not great either, but I especially dislike the syllable ‘bert’.

[name]Horace[/name]. Absolutely awful! It’s made up of two horrible words - Wh$re and &ss. Would probably be the absolutely worst name ever for a girl, but has to be up there for boys.

Plus, has a new pop culture association with [name]Horace[/name] Slughorn, the professor in [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] and the Half-Blood [name]Prince[/name].

LOL, [name]Susan[/name]! I voted for poor [name]Delbert[/name], [name]Horace[/name], and [name]Norbert[/name]. In your next “vote for the worst” poll, I’d love to see [name]Cletus[/name]. That name makes me sweat and twitch. :slight_smile:

The weird thing, is that I do like [name]Albert[/name] (nn [name]Albie[/name]), but I associate the other “-bert” names with infinite wedgies, noogies, and [name]Saturday[/name] nights spent hanging out with imaginary friends named [name]Milton[/name] and [name]Buford[/name].

:slight_smile:

Great poll!

Have to say that I like at least half the names on there and [name]Horace[/name] is AMAZING!!! I’ve never understood [name]Horace[/name] haters…

What about [name]Lundy[/name]? That name makes me twitch.

What about [name]Lundy[/name]? That name makes me twitch.[/quote]

I can’t believe this, but I’ve never really heard of [name]Lundy[/name]. I’m in a state of shock! I looked it up on Nameberry, and saw that it received a positive review. I’m personally not a fan, though. It reminds me of Gundy, and that reminds me of Gumby.

You and your [name]Roxie[/name] are in my thoughts…

I’ve never heard of [name]Lundy[/name], either!

It makes me think of Undie…and then I think of wedgies…
poor [name]Lundy[/name]…

I read a book about mountain people in [name]Tennessee[/name], and it had all these interesting names in it. The book is called “[name]Christy[/name]” and it was made into an i.m.o. nasty, sappy Hallmark movie. My apologies to anyone who loved the movie, but it made my skin crawl. Anyway, there was a character named [name]Lundy[/name] in the book. [name]Lundy[/name] was surly. Other names I loved were Fairlight, [name]Opal[/name], [name]Neil[/name] McNeil, [name]Isaiah[/name], hmmm…, can’t remember anymore. I need to buy that book again because somehow I lost my copy. The reason I love the name [name]Neil[/name] is because of [name]Neil[/name] McNeil. There was a woman named [name]Alice[/name] that I loved, too. Oh, and there was [name]Wilbur[/name]. There were whole families of unusual names. The families were really big.

[name]Lundy[/name] reminds me of [name]Al[/name] Bundy.

Wow! Funny you should mention [name]Christy[/name]. I was partially named after the character in the book!

Oh! I read the book “[name]Christy[/name]” years and years ago, and I saw that movie, too! :slight_smile: Thanks for the reminder, [name]Susan[/name]. (I hope you’re doing okay…)

[name]Imagine[/name] in thirty years from now, [name]Pam[/name] (writing from her Home for the Aged) will be saying to us “[name]HORACE[/name] is really fresh for these days!” . . . . .

Ha ha ha, I know! She will! Maybe sooner than you think. Maybe one of use will have a little grandson named [name]Horace[/name]. I hope the name doesn’t become unisex.

[name]Pam[/name] will, of course, have a very State of the [name]Art[/name] zimmer-frame, and still only look like she is 25.

xxx