Three-Way Clash with my Top Names?

Hey,

I have a problem with too much similarities in names I like - on the plus side it’s easy to pin down my style - but unfortunately I don’t feel like I’m able to use all my favourite names when the time comes!
My top three names for boys - that have not changed in a few years - are [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] & [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]. See the conundrum?
I would love some opinions on which of these are acceptable together as siblings? I feel like all three together are too matchy and similar - but could I get away with two children with one of these names together?
I’m not expecting yet, but probably in the near future if all is well!

Bonus Option: [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to suggest names based on my sig that aren’t too audibly similar! I’ve been scouring NB lately to expand my list.

I like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m] from your signature. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] sound nice to me.

Thanks w12!
Appreciate the support of my names :slight_smile: I haven’t discussed any names with anyone other than my partner - so it’s so nice to hear that I have good options!
I wouldn’t use multiple of these names on one child - I meant as a sibset - my bad! Realised my question might not have been particularly clear, and have edited accordingly.

“[name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]” is a nice twinset in my opinion, but “[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m]” or “[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]” aren’t.

If you truly wish to use all three names, go with @w12’s suggestion and use one as a given name and the other two as middles.

Ideas: [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Edmond[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_m]Gregor[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Howard[/name_u], [name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], [name_m]Watson[/name_m], [name_m]Franco[/name_m], [name_f]Marin[/name_f], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_m]Elio[/name_m], Baltazar, [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], Barnabás, [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m], [name_m]Angus[/name_m], [name_u]Monroe[/name_u].

[name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] are the only two that would work together. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] are too similar to work together.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]? Maybe [name_m]Caius[/name_m] ([name_u]KAI[/name_u]-US) or [name_m]Castiel[/name_m]?

I was going to say it wouldn’t work, but it’s not like you have [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], and [name_f]Ella[/name_f], they don’t rhyme that much.

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m], I don’t like names beginning with the same sound in a sibset, but it’s not a deal breaker.

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] beside the ‘as’ sound in the beginning I think they’re different enough in sound and looks for a sibset.

[name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], this one is a little on the two-rhymey side, but if they had other siblings without the -ian ending it could work.

Using all three would definitely be overkill, but two is fine. [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] are two of my GPs the other name on the list is [name_m]Casper[/name_m], which could be a good substitute (if you’re not worried about the friendly ghost :wink: ). [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] are good as siblings.

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:
I think this has confirmed what I knew deep down, but I’m still a little sad about it. I’m pretty certain that [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is my go to name first, so I think I’ll stick to just that one, and maybe - if I have a large enough family - I can use another name down the line (Or using them as middles is always an option!)
Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Oh I feel your pain. I also have to pick my favorites with names like [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I love [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] as well, so if you had to pick one I’d pick that one! I agree with others that [name_m]Julian[/name_m] would fit although I’m not a fan of sharing initials (but if you really love the names then just do it). [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is not too too bad. But [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] doesn’t work.

For other names, how about:

• [name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Alastair[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] could be a brother to [name_m]Julian[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but not both.

Other names on your list than I love are: [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]. I love [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] for a girl.

By the way, [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_u]Storm[/name_u] is lovely!

What about [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and:

In place of [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]:
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
Kristoph
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
[name_m]Caruso[/name_m]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Callaway[/name_m]
Covington (NN [name_m]Cove[/name_m], [name_f]Coe[/name_f], [name_m]Irving[/name_m], Ovin)

In place of [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]:

[name_m]Johann[/name_m]
[name_m]Jovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Joah[/name_m]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_m]Gustavo[/name_m]
Gustoph
[name_m]Gio[/name_m]
[name_m]Giovanni[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Craig[/name_m]
Yohan
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]

[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Baxter[/name_m], [name_m]Caruso[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Yves[/name_m], and [name_f]Bayo[/name_f]/Baio
[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], and [name_m]Berkeley[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], and [name_u]Camden[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], and [name_m]Brahm[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], and [name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Maverick[/name_m], and Norway