Three weeks out and nowhere near decided!

Hello. I’m new to nameberry and due with my 3rd in 3 weeks. We don’t know what we’re having, which is a first for us. With our two boys, we found out, and had decided on each of their names within a few weeks of the ultrasound. This time, we’re having a much harder time. I have always been interested in names, and never thought I would have such a hard time choosing one for my child! So, I would love some input and advice.

My two boys are [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] ([name]Finn[/name]) and [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Owen[/name]. I realize I have already gone a bit overboard with the -n endings and need to stay away from such names from now on, even though they always appeal to me. Our last name is one syllable and ends in -ock, so, that eliminates anything like [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Brock[/name]. It is also a common noun, so no color names or adjective sound-alikes such as [name]Harry[/name]. We are Orthodox Christians, so it would be really nice to have at least one saint name, (which is proving easier for boys than for girls) but it is not absolutely necessary.

OK, so here are some contenders. I’m not going to say right now which are my favorites because I want to hear what you all honestly think without that information. :slight_smile: Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas! Thanks so much.

Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Elle[/name])
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name])
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name])
Other names I like but haven’t matched up yet:
[name]Estella[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Iris[/name]

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais
Oops, those are the only two combos I’ve come up with! And I’m not sure I love them!
Other names I like but can’t seem to match up:
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Elle[/name]) – I’m not a fan of last names as first names on girls. [name]Love[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] though! [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]?
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] – Pretty.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]) – I love this combination but it doesn’t seem to go with your other boy’s names. [name]Ruby[/name] is also a noun so it might not work well with you last name.
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] – These don’t seem to go with one another… [name]Willa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Natalia[/name] work better.
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] – ditto… [name]Greta[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Greta[/name] [name]Natalia[/name].
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] – very pretty!
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name]) – I like this one too.
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]. I like this better than with [name]Willa[/name].
[name]Anais[/name] [name]Lelia[/name] – unusual but pretty.
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Esme[/name] – sweet French flair.
[name]Agnes[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] – [name]Phoebe[/name] lightens up [name]Agnes[/name].
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Maura[/name] – lovely and [name]Maura[/name] incorporates the Irish theme with your boys.

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name] – too much name! [name]Malachy[/name] [name]Arlo[/name] or [name]Malachy[/name] [name]Amos[/name].
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais – I prefer [name]Ephraim[/name]. [name]Ephraim[/name] [name]Theodore[/name].
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Amos[/name]. I like [name]Dashiell[/name] with your other son’s names!
[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Kieran[/name]. You get the “n” ending in but in the middle instead.
[name]Milo[/name] – not distinguished enough to go with your other boys as a fn.
[name]Amos[/name] – mn only.
[name]Abbott[/name] [name]Julian[/name]. I like this a lot!
[name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Elias[/name]. ditto
[name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Milo[/name]. I like [name]Ignatius[/name] but it is a bit hard to pair up.
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Moses[/name]. very classic

I think all of the names you are considering would go well with your sons’ names, as they are all consistent in style.

Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Elle[/name]) - Very pretty, with a good flow.
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - Again, a lovely name.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]) - I’m not as fond of this one, although it is still nice.
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] - I love [name]Willa[/name]; very cute, but not cutesy.
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] - [name]Greta[/name] is not as much of a favourite, although I do love [name]Penelope[/name]. As you already have a [name]Gideon[/name], it might be odd only to have one child out of three without a ‘G’ name, although I’m probably over-thinking it.
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] - I don’t think this flows as well as some of your other choices.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name]) - Personally I prefer the nn [name]Penny[/name]/[name]Pen[/name], but as I said before I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Frances[/name] too.
[name]Estella[/name] - I am not so fond of.
[name]Anais[/name] - I love this name, too! Definitely one of my favourites.
[name]Esme[/name] - A lovely sound. [name]Esme[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] would be very pretty.
[name]Agnes[/name] - Severely underused; [name]Aggie[/name] is such a cute nn.
[name]Iris[/name] - Not one of my personal favourites, but a lot of people seem to like it.

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name] - Too many 'M’s, and even though I love the name [name]Malachi[/name], and variations thereof, the ‘mal’ beginning is too negative for me.
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais - A brilliant name! [name]Ephie[/name] is an adorable nn for a little boy, too, and [name]Ephraim[/name] works well on an adult.
[name]Dashiell[/name] - I don’t really like the sound of this one.
[name]Arlo[/name] - Or this one …
[name]Milo[/name] - … or this one.
[name]Amos[/name] - I love this as a mn, but as a first name I think it could be deemed a little ‘hickish’. It’s a good name though, so don’t rule it out as a mn!
[name]Abbott[/name] - Very abrupt …
[name]Ambrose[/name] - One of my absolute favourite names, and severely underused! My favourite, hands-down.
[name]Ignatius[/name] - Always reminds me of ‘ignorant’ and ‘pugnacious’ …
[name]Theodore[/name] - I adore! You can have the nn [name]Teddy[/name] as a little boy, then [name]Ted[/name]/[name]Theo[/name] as he gets older, and [name]Theodore[/name] is formal enough to work for any career he might later have.

[name]Saint[/name]/Biblical/Christianity-related names that I am fond of :
Boys :
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Japheth[/name] nn [name]Japhy[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Ninian[/name]
Regulus
[name]Mungo[/name]
[name]Osmund[/name]
[name]Francis[/name] (as a mn, seeing as it is now more popular for girls)
[name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Marmaduke[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

Girls :
[name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Evangelina[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name]/Geli (jel-ee)
[name]Seraphine[/name]/[name]Seraphina[/name] nn [name]Sera[/name]/Raphy
[name]Morwenna[/name] (as a mn name, I think)
[name]Ambrosia[/name] nn [name]Amy[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]/[name]Ali[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Marie[/name], and other variations on [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Candida[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Isidora[/name] nn [name]Izzy[/name]/[name]Issy[/name]/[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Larisa[/name]
[name]Adeliade[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tillie[/name]
[name]Euphemia[/name] nn [name]Effie[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dotty[/name]/Dodi/[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Clotilde[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name] (although the ‘clot’ makes it somewhat undesirable-sounding)
[name]Anastasia[/name]
Alodia
[name]Agatha[/name]
Agape (like agape love :D)

[name]Just[/name] Google the name, or feel free to ask me, if you want more information on a particular saint. Good luck!

You have great taste in names! I just love [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] and [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Owen[/name]!

I think these go best with the sibset:

Girls:
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] – I think this is the best fit. Classic yet quirky like [name]Finnegan[/name] and [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] – The slightly medieval vibe works well.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name]) – Stately yet versatile. Fits well.

I like the idea of keeping the Celtic themes that [name]Finnegan[/name], [name]Lewis[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] create.
[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] – [name]Esme[/name] is a longstanding fav in [name]Scotland[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

I think [name]Ephraim[/name] is a good fit with the set. [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Amos[/name] work well too. [name]How[/name] about [name]Magnus[/name] or [name]Thaddeus[/name]?

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Maxim[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] Macsen – Macsen is the Welsh form of [name]Maxim[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name] [name]Theron[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name] [name]Brynmor[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Amos[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Amos[/name] [name]Hector[/name]

[name]Love[/name] your sons’ names. I love having one saint’s name or bible name, so I know what you mean. Actually in my kids’ names, there’s a bible name and two saints’ name for each name combo. I didn’t even realize I was giving them saints’ names when my husband and I named them!
I will star the ones I love, and put extra stars on the ones I really love:
Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name]* [name]Katharine[/name]* ([name]Elle[/name]) cmbo*
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]** combo**
[name]Ruby[/name]** [name]Katharine[/name]* ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]) combo** nickname combo****
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]*** combo**
[name]Greta[/name]* [name]Penelope[/name]**** combo
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]* combo
[name]Penelope[/name]**** [name]Frances[/name]**** ([name]Nell[/name]) combo*
[name]Estella[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Iris[/name]**

[name]Estella[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name]*** combo (sorry, don’t like [name]Malachy[/name])
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais (sorry, don’t like it)
Oops, those are the only two combos I’ve come up with! And I’m not sure I love them!
[name]Dashiell[/name]***
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]*
[name]Amos[/name] - sounds too much like anus for me
[name]Abbott[/name] - like as a middle
[name]Ambrose[/name] - love this for a girl
[name]Ignatius[/name]***
[name]Theodore[/name]****** - one of my very faves!

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Abbot[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name].

All of your names are great. My favorites in order:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]

I also really love [name]Agnes[/name] and would use it if my last name didn’t have the “ag” sound in it. [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]? [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]? [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]? [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Adele[/name]?

Of your boy’s names, my favorite is [name]Theodore[/name], followed closely by [name]Ignatius[/name] (I just love the nickname [name]Iggy[/name]).

Great taste!! I love your names!

[name]Welcome[/name]! I’m new myself, but felt very welcome and had really nice feedback on names for future children (we’re not pregnant yet). I love your son’s names!

Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Elle[/name]) - I love [name]Ellery[/name]. It’s unique and pretty, but [name]Elle[/name] is pretty popular. That might not bother you though.
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - I like this a lot
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]) - my friend’s daughter is [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] and I love the combination!
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] - this isn’t really my style
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] - different, but cute
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] - nice
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name]) - I really like this one
[name]Estella[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Iris[/name] - of this list I like [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Anais[/name] the most. What about [name]Esme[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Esme[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]? I like the latter best.

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name] -
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name][/quote]

• of the boys list, I like [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] the best!

Good luck with your naming!

Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Elle[/name]) I like this name, but don”t think that it goes well with your boys.
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]- I like both names separately but the combo doesn”t flow well for me
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name])- I like this, but don”t love it
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]- I really like this combo and think it goes well with your boys
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]- I am not feeling [name]Greta[/name] with your boys names
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]- I like this but don”t love it
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name])I love the name [name]Penelope[/name]! And I actually think it goes well with the boys
[name]Estella[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Iris[/name]
I like [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] as well.

For girls I like [name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] best

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name]- not the biggest fan
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais- i love [name]Ephraim[/name]! I don”t really know how to pronounce the mn
[name]Dashiell[/name]- This name definitely works with your boys names
[name]Arlo[/name]- I like others better
[name]Milo[/name]- I think this matches quite well
[name]Amos[/name]-
[name]Abbott[/name]- I like the name, but I feel like it would get shortened to Abs or [name]Abby[/name], which just seems girly to me.
[name]Ambrose[/name]-While i like the sound of the name i would again worry about nicknames
[name]Ignatius[/name]- I like others better
[name]Theodore[/name]- This one goes well, but I like others more

For boys I love [name]Ephraim[/name] and think it goes with your boys best, but I think [name]Dashiell[/name] is another good match.

[name]Hi[/name] there, Knitty, and welcome! I love your boys’ names, too. :slight_smile: (For the middle names, I found a list of Saints’ names, although I don’t know how accurate it is!)

Girls:
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Elle[/name]): I love [name]Katherine[/name], but I prefer other names on your list to [name]Ellery[/name].
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]: I think this is very pretty…
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] ([name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]): I love this one, too…
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name] this! [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]: I love [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Greta[/name], not together. (I have to think about why, but for now, I’m thinking it’s just the sound. Hmmm) That’s just me, though. :slight_smile:
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]: I like this one…
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Nell[/name]): [name]LOVE[/name] It! [name]LOVE[/name] it! :slight_smile:

[name]Esme[/name]: I love this!

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Iris[/name]: I love [name]Iris[/name]!

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Estella[/name]: I think it’s pretty…

[name]Estella[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]

(About [name]Anais[/name], I’m not sure where you live, but if you’re not in a French speaking location, I want to let you know that I’ve heard this name mispronounced by more than one person as “anus.”)

Boys:
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Moses[/name]: I think [name]Moses[/name] is great, but I’m just not personally a [name]Malachy[/name] fan. (I see the word “achy”…)
[name]Ephraim[/name] Ananais: I think [name]Ephraim[/name] is cool…
[name]Dashiell[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name], and think it’s beyond fantastic with your sons’ names.

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Xaiver[/name]

[name]Arlo[/name]: I think [name]Arlo[/name] is handsome. :slight_smile:

[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]

[name]Milo[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]Milo[/name] [name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]

[name]Amos[/name]: I prefer the other names on your list…

[name]Amos[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]

[name]Abbott[/name]: I think this is interesting, and think it works well with [name]Finnegan[/name]. (But then again, will he be called [name]Abby[/name]?) I think it would make a really cool middle name…

[name]Abbott[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name]

[name]Ambrose[/name]: I do think it’s handsome, but part of me wonders if it’s too feminine, with its similarity to [name]Amber[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. I think it’s definitely a great middle name!

[name]Ignatius[/name]: I’ve got to think about this one…I think it definitely works as a middle name, at the very least.

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]!

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Anselm[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]

Some more Saints names I love:

[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Anselm[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Issac[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the great input!

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] used to be my favorite, but has fallen out of favor for several reasons. Now I’m just about settled on [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name]. I’m glad so many of you love it as well!

I have really been wanting [name]Malachy[/name] to work, but I can see many of your points against it. My husband favors [name]Ephraim[/name] and I have been trying to talk myself into it. We both like [name]Dashiell[/name] a lot, but my one reservation (which is both a pro and a con, actually) is that it is the name of a popular animated movie character. For that reason, my boys [name]LOVE[/name] it, ([name]Finn[/name] says he wants a baby [name]Dash[/name]) but I’m afraid I’ll always associate it with that character and be afraid that others will too. Is that just silly?

Oh, and another question regarding the girls name. Our last name (I may as well just tell you now!) is Frock. Does that change how you feel about using [name]Frances[/name] as a middle name? I had originally thrown the name out due to this issue, but I don’t think I mind it in the middle spot. Obviously, we already have a double F issue with [name]Finnegan[/name], which we worried about at first, but really don’t mind now. Gosh, I guess I tend to like alliterative names!

Oh, and I just realized that [name]Ephraim[/name] Frock has a bit of the same issue. :s

For the girls, I love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but I think it poses issues with the last name (ie red dress). I think [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Anais[/name] work best with your boys’ names (which I very much adore by the way!)

The boy names on your list are very nice, but I’m not sure they have the same tone as your son’s names.

Congrats on your little one!

I like [name]Finn[/name], [name]Gideon[/name] & [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name], [name]Gideon[/name] & [name]Willa[/name] ([name]Wilhelmina[/name])
I like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

I like [name]Finn[/name], [name]Gideon[/name] & [name]Theo[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name]) & [name]Finn[/name], [name]Gideon[/name] & [name]Ambrose[/name].
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Malachy[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is beautiful, and I don’t think the alliteration with your surname will matter, because it is a mn and you’ll very rarely say the whole thing.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] Frock is quite a mouthful. Perhaps one of your other favorites that are a little softer in the middle? I’m a fan of:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name] Frock

It still has the 2 syllables and “s” ending like [name]Frances[/name].

For boys I prefer [name]Dashiell[/name] Frock to [name]Ephraim[/name] Frock. Somehow when I say [name]Ephraim[/name] Frock quickly, some letters get lost in there.

I agree with [name]Willa[/name] in that [name]Ruby[/name] Frock poses a bit of an issue, and with another poster that [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] Frock is a mouthful. I like the idea of [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name] Frock.

For boys, why not [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Ephraim[/name]? I think that sounds much better than using [name]Ephraim[/name] as a first name. As for the animated character association, I used to be worried about that too, but the association faded for me over time, as nearly all associations will. If you love [name]Dashiell[/name], go for it!

I second the above ideas!

I really like [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name] too (since it avoids the fr-fr problem), and I like [name]Willa[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] (love [name]Magdalene[/name] as a mn in fact). For the boys, [name]Dashiell[/name] is my favourite to go with your boys names, and I love that they’re so enthusiastic about it. I also really like [name]Ambrose[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name].

One of my favourite saints names is Kassiani ([name]Kassia[/name]) - she was an outspoken abbess, poet, composer and hymnographer. You could also think about using a name derived from whichever saint is commemorated on a date that is significant to you - a family member’s birthday, your wedding anniversary, etc.

I’m just wondering how you pronounce the name [name]Ephraim[/name]? If it were EFF-rum I’d still be considering it for my own son; however, I ran it past friends and everyone seems to say EE-frum and I don’t like it as much that way. Does anyone here know the proper historical pronunciation?

I’m also in the South, which could have something to do with it…

Is it EE-free-um? That is how I hear it at church.

[name]Ephraim[/name] has always been on our short list, we say EFF-rum…
I would like to know the “correct” way, though…