Thrifter Berries!

@[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] my mums in her early forties and she gave me leather pants over the holidays.
@[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] I don’t have any young aunts and most of my cousins are much older so I get almost all my clothes new and my sisters clothes are almost all my old stuff.

I went thrifting yesterday to start collecting things for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] gifts (fabric for sewing projects, wicker baskets for wrapping gifts & tins for christmas baking etc) and I happened to stop by the baby clothes section… I got a TON of warm NB & 0-3 month stuff for under $20.00 CAD - 3 pairs of socks, a bib, a cradle sheet, 3 short sleeve & 2 long sleeve bodysuits, 2 pairs of those little pants with the feet, 2 NB sleepers with the “cindy lou who” bottoms and one super warm sleeper… and everything was in GREAT condition. No stains, no holes, some of it still had tags on. I’m excited because my first daughter was born in [name_f]Summer[/name_f] & we really only had warm weather clothes for her for the first couple months.

@katieydenburg - Goes to show how much nice stuff you can get for cheap! I can imagine thrifting would be a good option for purchasing baby clothes.

Congratulations, by the way!

Went thrifting again last weekend! I was looking for flowy skirts and such for bellydance classes, since I’ve doubled the number of classes I’m taking in a week. But of course I always come out with more than I’m going in for! Three skirts (two of which are great for dance class!), a pair of yoga pants, four sweaters (which is perfect because somehow I always get distracted by the breezy flowy summery things and never buy winter clothes!), a fabulous new fringed scarf, an adorable minidress with an asymmetrical zipper across the front, and my most favorite shirt I’ve ever bought: a flowy black crop-top with a tiger’s head airbrushed on in copper metallic, and open places along the spine and shoulderblades. It’s perfect for dance, and I can also wear my normal long-sleeve black shirt under it to make it work appropriate…which I’m actually wearing now :slight_smile:

What fabulous thrift-store finds have my fellow Berries purchased lately?

No cool finds of my own, I hardly ever go shopping because 1) lack of time and 2) every time I do I buy a ton of stuff, so probably a good thing I don’t go often!

But Sessha- THAT is amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever bought so much at once. I was never a skirt person but lately I’ve really been into the idea, so bought a basic long black skirt that will have to be altered before I can wear it :confused: And you take bellydance classes?! Somehow I’m not that surprised though, it seems so you, haha.

I love thrift shopping! It’s seriously one of my favorite pastimes!

Lately, I’ve mostly been shopping for home decor.

I wish I was thriftier, I have a serious spending problem. I wish there were some good charity shops near me but the only ones I ever go into seem to be full of rubbish so I never buy from them. I just can’t help myself, when I see something, I feel a compulsion to buy it!

I do love getting hand-me-down clothes from relatives for the girls. Really helps. I always make sure to pass their stuff on too.

I too am a thriftaholic!

Clothes, books, stuff for the house, furniture, etc etc. Why not?!? My philosophy is that if it can be cleaned, it can be used!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] clothes are especially awesome to buy at thrift stores because they grow out of them so damn fast!

I just went to the thrift store yesterday and bought 8 classic hardcover books for $8! They look awesome on my bookshelf :slight_smile:

[name_f]Love[/name_f] thrifting!!