Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Calliope Clover: 2 (5%)
  • Calliope Marigold: 2 (5%)
  • Calliope Helena: 7 (17%)
  • Calliope Skye: 7 (17%)
  • Calliope Sarah: 7 (17%)
  • Calliope Anne: 11 (26%)
  • Calliope Scarlett: 6 (14%)

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted for [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Nyx[/name] and [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Nyx[/name].

[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] are pretty, too, but I would personally pair a more serious-sounding name with [name]Calliope[/name]. [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Skye[/name] has too much of an EYE sound for me. [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is great, but [name]Anne[/name] is kind of a filler middle name and the n’s in [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Nyx[/name] run into each other. [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is nice as well, but the “t” in [name]Scarlett[/name] and the “x” in [name]Nyx[/name] sound a bit abrupt together. Out of [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], I would go with [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] because [name]Sarah[/name] is more familiar. Also, if my memory isn’t as horrible as I think it is, you said that your mother’s name is [name]Sarah[/name] (please correct me if I’m wrong!).

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yes, you remember correctly :slight_smile: I’m trying to love a “serious” middle name, but I’m stuck on [name]Marigold[/name]. I agree about middles ending with “n” running into [name]Nyx[/name]. [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] are probably the best so far, but they don’t grab me…yet! Due in [name]August[/name], so I’m sure I’ll find the right one by then!

[name]Love[/name] your choice of [name]Calliope[/name]!!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Nyx[/name]?

Yes, you remember correctly :slight_smile: I’m trying to love a “serious” middle name, but I’m stuck on [name]Marigold[/name]. I agree about middles ending with “n” running into [name]Nyx[/name]. [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] are probably the best so far, but they don’t grab me…yet! Due in [name]August[/name], so I’m sure I’ll find the right one by then![/quote]

Yay! My memory isn’t that bad!

I love [name]Marigold[/name], too, and I would have certainly voted for [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] with a different surname! If you really want to use [name]Marigold[/name], why don’t you:

1. Save it for the next daughter.

2. Use two middle names, one of them being more “serious”. Something like [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] (or [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Helena[/name]) or [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] ([name]Charlotte[/name] is similar to [name]Scarlett[/name]) would be nice, if it isn’t too much of a mouthful for you ([name]Nyx[/name] is short, so it wouldn’t be too long).

I’m sure you’ll find the right name by [name]August[/name]! :slight_smile:

Oh, I forgot about [name]Calandra[/name]!

I think [name]Calandra[/name] is a lovely name, but it might be confused with the more popular [name]Cassandra[/name] (which is also lovely, though I prefer [name]Calandra[/name]). None of the middle names that you’ve paired with [name]Calliope[/name] really work with [name]Calandra[/name] (well, except [name]Skye[/name], but that’s a bit short with [name]Nyx[/name]). If you like [name]Poppy[/name] but you go with [name]Calandra[/name], what about [name]Calandra[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Nyx[/name]? Would you call [name]Calandra[/name] by a nickname? [name]Callie[/name]? [name]Calla[/name]? [name]Allie[/name]? [name]Andie[/name]?

I don’t know if you’re looking for suggestions, but what about:
[name]Cassia[/name] (also a Greek nature name, means “cinnamon”)
[name]Eulalia[/name] ([name]Calliope[/name] means “beautiful voice”, [name]Eulalia[/name] means “sweet speaking”, both are Greek)
[name]Eulalie[/name] (French variant of [name]Eulalia[/name])
[name]Alouette[/name] (means “lark” like [name]Calandra[/name], but French)
[name]Paloma[/name] (means “dove”, bird name like [name]Calandra[/name])
[name]Calantha[/name] (“lovely flower”, Greek name beginning with [name]Cal[/name]-)
[name]Calanthe[/name] (variation of [name]Calantha[/name])
[name]Calla[/name] (“beautiful”, also Greek name that starts with [name]Cal[/name]-, feels more
“conservative”)
[name]Calista[/name] (“most beautiful”, yet another Greek name starting with [name]Cal[/name]-)
[name]Clio[/name] ([name]Calliope[/name] is a muse, as is [name]Clio[/name])
[name]Thalia[/name] (ditto)

[name]Calliope[/name] is very pretty :slight_smile: One of my sister’s middle names is [name]Calanthe[/name] (cal-ann-thee) and I’ve always been jealous!

As much as I adore [name]Marigold[/name] (it will be the name of one of our twin girls), I feel a two-syllable name works better in the middle, for purposes of flow. That also nixes [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Skye[/name], and while I like the traditional feel they have (I think a traditional name would balance Callipoe out perfectly), [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Helena[/name] (but you could try [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Helen[/name]) and [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Anne[/name], too.

[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Clover[/name] - I love the beauty and spunk this has. [name]Clover[/name] does nothing to balance out the unusual [name]Calliope[/name], but I adore it, so if that doesn’t bother you, this one gets my vote.
[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] - I love how the simple classic [name]Sarah[/name] balances out [name]Calliope[/name]. This is my second choice.
[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] - for me, something just feels off about this one … That may just be me, though!

Good luck!

I like

*[name]Alouette[/name] (means “lark” like [name]Calandra[/name], but French)
*[name]Calantha[/name] (“lovely flower”, Greek name beginning with [name]Cal[/name]-)
*[name]Calanthe[/name] (variation of [name]Calantha[/name])

My husband’s name is [name]Andrew[/name], so I kinda like [name]Calandra[/name] for the similarity in sound as opposed to naming her something like [name]Andrea[/name].

I’d probably use nn [name]Lani[/name] (pn [name]Lanny[/name], which I think is my gramma’s pet name for my grampa [name]Alan[/name]).I also think I may get less flack from the family for [name]Calandra[/name] than [name]Calliope[/name]!

However, [name]Calliope[/name] isn’t “over” yet! If it weren’t for our surname I’d be set on [name]Calliope[/name] [name]Marigold[/name].

[name]Calandra[/name] may go better with our names ([name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Jacquelyn[/name]) and [name]Calliope[/name] sets a tone for sibset that I may not be able to keep up lol.

However, secretly I love [name]Starling[/name] as the name for [name]Calliope[/name]'s future sister.

[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Clover[/name] is really fun and I like it a lot, if I give up on fitting in a ‘serious’ mn, then it would come down to [name]Clover[/name] or [name]Marigold[/name]. I like [name]Sarah[/name] better than [name]Scarlett[/name], and even [name]Helena[/name] now. The thing is, [name]Calliope[/name] would seriously be her name and I’d hate for people to assume she’d go by her more ‘serious’ mn…if that makes any sense. [name]Calliope[/name] is fun, but not ‘for fun’. If the whole name is fanciful overall, then there’s none of the feeling that “well your mom should have just named you [name]Sarah[/name].” So, [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] don’t do anything to balance out [name]Calliope[/name] in some sense, but really, its because of our surname that I’m having trouble!