Thruxton James?

My husband is a motorcycle fanatic, so naturally Thruxton comes up very often in our household. But recently, I started thinking about it as a baby name. I love more unusual names, and this is the ONLY name my husband has ever 100% loved. There is something that I can’t put my finger on, though. What are your thoughts?

Also, we would use the nn [name]Tuck[/name].

I don’t think it’s a great choice, I think less people are familiar with Triumph or the racing circuit so the motorcycle connection would be lost on a good number of people which means they will just think its a weird name.

I don’t think it’s a great choice but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to rule it out. I think less people are familiar with Triumph and the Thruxton racing circuit so the motorcycle connection would be lost on a good number of people which means they will just think its a weird name.

Another thing is the prn I’ve never known which is completely right because I’ve heard “truxton” with a silent H more than I’ve heard Thruxton with a “TH” sound. Maybe it would make a good mn?

I like it prononuced “Truxton”, but the “Thruxton” pronounciation makes me think of thrust, and that makes me feel icky.

I immediately thought of ‘thrust’. [name]Don[/name]'t like Thruxton. [name]Love[/name] [name]James[/name] though!

I thought of “thrust”, too! Ewww. I feel like I need a shower. I would feel very sorry for a boy with this name.

I don’t care for it. I do like [name]Tuck[/name] though! Obviously there’s [name]Tucker[/name]…arevtherecany other racing names your dh would consider?

I’m another that immediately thought thrust. Yucky. No one wants that association with their name.

No, it is not a pleasant sounding name. I’ve never heard the word, but I’m not into motorcycles!

I thought “thrust” too, immediately.

Aside from that though, I think it’s just a LOT of consonants smooshed together. It’s a very dense name, if that makes any sense at all, so the sound isn’t appealing to me. It’s too bad because I know it’s tough finding a name you both love. I would move on from this though.

Strongly dislike it. Doesn’t sound good at all.

What about Truxton?

I think it is HORRIBLE. Sorry. That is one of those “I wanted a cool name and tried to hard” kind of names. Sorry. I do like [name]Tuck[/name].

The “Thruh” sound makes me think of Thrush … which, you know, is not pleasant!! I’d say steer clear of this one!

I love [name]Tuck[/name]. But Thruxton, yeesh. It sounds more like an action (thrustin’) than a name. Truxton nn [name]Tuck[/name] isn’t bad though.

Exactly what I thought of, too.

It’s a really big ‘no’ from me.

I figured out that it reminded me of thrush as well. Needless to say, it’s off of the list. Was never even 50% sure about it.

No. [name]Just[/name] no.

I didn’t think of “thrust” right off the bat, but I thought it seemed really hard to pronounce! Can you see yourself yelling “Go Thruxton!!” on the sidelines of a soccer or football game? That’s one test I do for potential names

I was about to say that Thruxton reminded me of thrust and thrush. [name]Glad[/name] you’ve taken it off the list.

[name]Tuck[/name] works on its own. What about [name]Harley[/name] or [name]David[/name]? [name]Even[/name] [name]Harlan[/name]? If the “x” appeals, maybe [name]Axel[/name] or [name]Dax[/name]?

Not a fan, at all.