TIL Thread ("Today I Learned…")

Today I learned how to factor polynomials by grouping

it’s a little fun

but it’s math so :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

today i learned how to multiply fraction exponents… don’t know when i’ll use this irl.

1 Like

We did the same thing!

Today I learned that [name_u]Asa[/name_u] is not pronounced like “az-uh”

Wait, how is it pronounced then? Am I about to understand why so many people seem to like it?

1 Like

@the.vintage.scribe “Ay-suh”

2 Likes

Today I learned that parabola, broken apart means…
para- both sides
bola- to throw.

So basically, everything thrown makes a perfect parabola. Everything.

2 Likes

That there are commonalities between the writings of [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] Pym and [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] [name_u]Chandler[/name_u]. Whodathunk?

TIL that when you swipe your credit card, you give your info to the facility where you swipe that card. When you use chip, that info is not given to that facility. Which means if you swiped your card without using chip it would only take a hacker to sit in the parking lot and hack that facility’s iCloud where your information is along with everyone else’s, and that’s how they steal your financial information.

3 Likes

I learned two new words from berries, but I have forgotten them both for the moment. One was Nestorian I think. I always thought [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] was only a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] donkey!

Today I learned where the Dragon Tree is located along the [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] Parkway!

TIL (although technically yesterday) that it’s illegal to own a hamster in [name_u]Hawaii[/name_u]

4 Likes

A man put some of his father’s ashes into a bowling ball, then bowled a perfect game.

YIL (yesterday I learned) that the suicide hotline isn’t as confidential as it claims to be.

1 Like

Let’s bring back this thread!

1 Like

Good idea

Today I learned that my clock near my bed is 7 mins late I’ve had it like that for about a year no wonder I’m always late :joy:

1 Like