Time for a new topic: Skye&Grier&Sinclair&a little brother

Well, I’ve already asked you for help naming my fourth child, due in [name]June[/name]. But yeasterday, I was still sure I’m having third daughter! Now I already know, it will be a very shy boy:). I’m still shocked and confused and I have really NO boy’s list!
HELP NEEDED!
My older are:
[name]Skye[/name] [name]Blair[/name]
[name]Grier[/name] [name]Lileas[/name]
[name]Sinclair[/name] [name]Bowie[/name]
one of you ([name]Lemon[/name], was that your idea?) mentioned using another GL names set. It would be a good idea, as I already have two SB’s and one GL. That’s why I’m considering [name]Gordon[/name]/[name]Graham[/name]/[name]Graeme[/name] with [name]Lyle[/name]/[name]Lennox[/name] as middle name. but now, nothing’s sure.
Please, help!
[name]Lily[/name]

Yep, that was me!

I love [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lyle[/name], [name]Graham[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], and [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], myself. I love that both [name]Gordon[/name] and [name]Graham[/name] are surnames like [name]Sinclair[/name]! And, I do like the [name]Gordy[/name] nickname for [name]Gordon[/name], too. Back in high school, there was this really cool kid - he was in a band, I think, and he was witty and smart and fun to be around - named [name]Gordon[/name], but everyone called him [name]Gordy[/name]! You don’t have to use a nickname, though…

So, if I were you, going only off of these names - so far! - I’d choose [name]Skye[/name], [name]Grier[/name], [name]Sinclair[/name], and [name]Gordon[/name]. I’m going with [name]Gordon[/name] because both [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Grier[/name] begin with GR, so I was choosing something different. The middle name choice would depend on the last name - is it McCrory? Then, I’d choose [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], I think!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love your children’s names! They are all short and sweet and go beautifully together :slight_smile:

Personally, I would stay away from [name]Gordon[/name]. While I’m not sure where you live, gordo means fat in Spanish, so when I look at the name [name]Gordon[/name], I can only see the ‘gordo’ part. I feel like any kids who speak Spanish could potentially pick up on this for teasing. But, if you don’t live in an area where this would be a problem, then don’t worry about it. (but, you never know what language he may pick up in the future)

I really really like [name]Graeme[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]! The [name]Graham[/name] spelling looks a little clunky to me, while [name]Graeme[/name] is smooth and sounds great with [name]Lennox[/name].

[name]Skye[/name], [name]Grier[/name] and [name]Sinclair[/name] all outstanding names so please don’t give the last child the name [name]Graham[/name].

[name]Lennox[/name] is it smart enough for a sibset? The nn of [name]Len[/name] puts me off a bit.

I see an [name]Elliott[/name] or [name]Mason[/name] or [name]Grant[/name] or [name]Harrison[/name].

[name]Mason[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Fraser[/name]

PS [name]Alister[/name] makes a great name too, [name]Alister[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]?

[name]Giles[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Glenn[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Garth[/name] [name]Langston[/name]
[name]Glasgow[/name] [name]Leith[/name]

Good luck!

I second [name]Lennon[/name].

I love your other kids names, so unique! As for G names, what about…

[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Graeme[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]

They seem to fit your style. And middle names…

[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]

So how about…
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Graeme[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] [name]Landon[/name]

[name]Just[/name] ideas…Great idea on Lemons part, by the way!

[name]Lemon[/name], your ideas will make you honourable Godmother of my last child, you know:)?

[name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lyle[/name] and [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] are really good and hard considered. Now, I think about [name]Graham[/name] and I’m almost sure [name]Graeme[/name] is the variation we both like most. So, he’d rather be [name]Graeme[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] than [name]Graham[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]:).
And yeah, McCrory is our real last name - short and scottish as a all our chilren’s names:).

[name]Roma[/name] - thanks for the fresh view about [name]Gordon[/name]. We have no Spanish community in our town (I’m not happy about it while I think it’s wonderful language), but I’ll keep it in my mind.

[name]Rollo[/name] - you make me a little sad, but I’ll agree with you - [name]Gordon[/name] is quite popular and sounds maybe too… normal in this siblin set. Still i’m in love with, but [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Harrison[/name] are worth thinking, really.

PS My husband is [name]Alasdair[/name] (variant of [name]Alister[/name]), that’s why I don’t want to double it.

[name]Rosamund[/name] - I like [name]Giles[/name] and [name]Glasgow[/name]!

Now G-starting names are on the top of the new list - but I’m still thinking. [name]Do[/name] you think one more letter would make too much mess? My friends also suggested [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Morrison[/name] and [name]Hamish[/name]

I really like [name]Graham[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]. other G names that might work:
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Gawain[/name]

[name]Lily[/name] I like [name]Gordon[/name] and we have an [name]Alastair[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] in the family with a very Scottish name I think it sounds great.

What about [name]Miles[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] McCory?
or
[name]Grant[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name] McCory

It was [name]Graham[/name] I wasn’t fond of, sorry if it made you sad, I just thought this name didn’t match the siblings as well.

Others I like
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Taran[/name] ([name]Love[/name])
[name]Mack[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Dougal[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] ([name]Love[/name])
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Stuart[/name]
btw we have a [name]Skye[/name] too and just love this name!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Gavin[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name]! I love your children’s names! :slight_smile:

[name]Even[/name] though you have two children with the same initials, I don’t view it as a theme, because of [name]Grier[/name]'s G. I saw that you’re considering using names with other initials, and I personally think that’s a wonderful idea. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you plan on having more children, but an initials theme may box you in when naming children in the future, forcing you to choose from names you don’t truly love.

Plus, because I don’t view your two daughters’ initials as being a theme (due to [name]Grier[/name] being in the mix), I personally don’t view distinct initials on baby #4 as breaking up a theme or complicating anything.

If you do want your baby’s initials to match [name]Grier[/name]'s, I love your idea of using [name]Graeme[/name]! ([name]Edit[/name]: I just realized the similarity between [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Grier[/name]…)

Out of [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Morrison[/name], and [name]Hamish[/name], [name]Hamish[/name] seems to fit best with your daughters’ names to me. (I love [name]Clyde[/name], too, but because [name]Clyde[/name] and [name]Skye[/name] are both short names with the same vowel sound, they sound kind of similar to me. I think [name]Clyde[/name] is seriously cool, though!)

I do think that [name]Morrison[/name] is handsome, but [name]Morrison[/name] McCrory has a lot of OR sound, and I think a Scottish name would sound wonderful with your girls’ names.

A few more you may like (Sorry for repeats!):

[name]Skye[/name], [name]Grier[/name], [name]Sinclair[/name], and:

[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (Nameberry lists [name]Dashiell[/name] as a Scottish surname, but Behind the name lists its origins as English. Hmmm…)
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] ([name]Max[/name] is really popular, though…)
[name]Malcolm[/name] (I just realized that the final M in [name]Malcolm[/name]–and [name]Graeme[/name]–run together with the M in your last name, which may or may not be an issue for you…)
[name]Tavish[/name]
[name]Teague[/name]

Take care! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Lennox[/name] for a middle. If you want to stick with a G, how about:
[name]Graeme[/name] (I agree with you this is the best spelling for you)
[name]Grant[/name] - but both these are a little too close to [name]Grier[/name] since they start with Gr and are only one syllable
[name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Glendon[/name]
[name]Gibson[/name] - reminds me of [name]Gordon[/name]
[name]Griffith[/name]

If you’re not sticking with G, how about:
[name]Teague[/name]
[name]Wainwright[/name] nn [name]Wright[/name]
Tiernay
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Merritt[/name]
[name]Aldrich[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lily[/name],

Aw! Honorable godmother? [name]How[/name] sweet of you!

I don’t see [name]Gordon[/name] as all that popular, to be honest. I’ve only met one! I don’t know if you live in [name]Scotland[/name] or elsewhere, but in [name]America[/name] - where I live - [name]Gordon[/name] was listed at #946 on the list of the Top 1000 names in 2008, a drop of nearly 300 points since 1999. So, if popularity is an issue, I think you’re safe with [name]Gordon[/name]! Plus, [name]Gordon[/name] is a Scottish name, like [name]Skye[/name], [name]Grier[/name], and [name]Sinclair[/name]…

I think [name]Graeme[/name] is sweet, too, but it bothers me, personally, that [name]Grier[/name] and [name]Graeme[/name] both begin with GR. Same with [name]Grant[/name]. In addition to having the GR sound like [name]Grier[/name], it is another one-syllable name, leaving [name]Sinclair[/name] a bit out of the loop.

As for the GL pattern of initials, especially since I believe you said this will be your last child (correct me if I’m wrong!), I think it would be lovely to “finish off the set” in a way, with two SB’s and two GL’s. But, I don’t want you to do that at the cost of a name you love!

However, I do really love the sound of [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lyle[/name] McCrory! What a handsome, distinguished name. [name]Gordon[/name] always reminds me of [name]George[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Byron[/name] - [name]Lord[/name] [name]Byron[/name] - the poet, so it instantly says classy to me! [name]Lyle[/name] makes me think of [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Hill[/name] viewpoint in Greenock, [name]Scotland[/name] - just beautiful!

Good luck with your search, Mommy McCrory!

do you like [name]Gage[/name]?

[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] sounds really good! I’m not sure if it’s a good idea consulting baby names with my 6 and 5 years old daughter, but they loved this option:)

I think [name]Hamish[/name] is the best out of the friends’ suggestions, too. You’re right, [name]Morrison[/name] brings too much ‘rrrr’ sound:)

I love [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Evander[/name]! thanks!

Gwensmom - thank you for voting [name]Lennox[/name] as middle name. I think I wouldn’t change it. We also love [name]Wainwright[/name].
PS. [name]Gwen[/name] is really wonderful, as my own family has welsh-italian origins, I was considering it for my first daughter, before we became fixed on unisex names:).

[name]Lemon[/name] - you’re absolutely worth this name, as you’ve helped me beating boy’s names crises:)
your information about [name]Gordon[/name] made me optimistic!

You know, I’m not sure little boy will be my last child - having three of them is easier than I thought, so maybe we’ll wait a few years and try again:)?

[name]Meryl[/name] - yeah, I love [name]Gage[/name]!

[name]Finlay[/name] Greig

Greig [name]Findlay[/name]

well, I have some favorites now.
still I love [name]Gordon[/name] (I have a crush on [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Ramsay[/name], have I told you?:)), [name]Glasgow[/name] and [name]Graeme[/name] too, but…
after some of your suggestions I’m not sure if GL-set is still the best idea, as I loved [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Hamish[/name] and [name]Fraser[/name]. My siblings also suggested [name]Ewan[/name], [name]Boyd[/name] and [name]Torquil[/name], and I’m considering these ideas, especially [name]Boyd[/name] is lovely for me.
I still have some time, so I hope you’ll drop some more of your helpful suggestions!
Kisses from really big (I can’t see my toes!) [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Lily[/name],

Oh, a crush on [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Ramsey[/name], eh? Well, that is a “positive” association with [name]Gordon[/name] for you!

I like [name]Glasgow[/name], but I feel like it is too overtly ‘place name’ to fit with [name]Skye[/name], [name]Grier[/name], and [name]Sinclair[/name]. I know [name]Skye[/name] is technically a place name, but it isn’t as “in your face” - you know? And, though I really do love (!) [name]Graeme[/name], it still bugs me that it seems so close to [name]Grier[/name]. Maybe I’m the only one…

Of the extras, I love [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Ewan[/name], and [name]Boyd[/name]! [name]Boyd[/name], coincidentally, is my father’s middle name (he is [name]James[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]), and my mom desperately wanted it to be my middle name, too! She was overruled.

An idea! If you wanted to keep the GL theme - which I still think is pretty darn neat! - you could always throw in an “extra” name as a second middle name! I was thinking something along the lines of [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Boyd[/name] McCrory - come to think of it, I quite like the sound of that! [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Hamish[/name] McCrory is nice, too!

Well, take care, Mommy [name]Lily[/name]. I’ll talk to you soon…

I’m so glad you liked [name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Ewan[/name], too)! I think they’re so handsome! I love [name]Dashiell[/name] with your kids’ names, and I think that [name]Ewan[/name] works really well, too. :slight_smile: I think you have a great list! (I also love how both names sound with your last name.)

Whatever you choose, I hope you pick the name that makes you the happiest! :slight_smile:

Good luck!