Time to Find a Middle Ground: Differing Name Opinions

My best friend and her boyfriend aren’t expecting, but they’ve had the “What Would We Name Our Kids?” conversation. He’s currently a fan of boy names like [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] and [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]. She’s…not.

He likes names that are less common, and she prefers things names that are slightly trendier.

What are some names that you like that might make them both happy?

Someone here posted about a kid [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], nickname Bash. One is trendy, one is less common. Maybe they can use that strategy.

[name_m]Seamus[/name_m], nicknamed [name_u]Shay[/name_u]?

[name_u]Gray[/name_u]/[name_u]Grey[/name_u]! It’s trendy but not overly popular. [name_u]Gray[/name_u] has yet to rank & [name_u]Grey[/name_u] only sits at #759 on the SSA list.

What about something that sounds trendy, i.e. fits in with current trends like surname names, -in/-en/-on endings or unusual word names, but is fairly rare and unpopular?

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Carlton[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] (has the more common nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u])
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_m]Penn[/name_m]
[name_m]Topher[/name_m]
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_m]Kendrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u]

This is a great list! I’m definitely going to send it to her to look at! I’m sure they’ll find a happy medium when the time comes, but it never hurts to have options!

Ooooh, they might like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] I’ll add it to the list of “alternatives”!