Time to get down to business

I’ve got 12 weeks to go and I’m panicking. I’m stuck this time – several likes, but no love love loves – I’m looking for that one perfect name that just jumps out and says, “I’m the one.”

This will be Girl #4. Sisters are [name]Juliana[/name] (prn [name]Julie[/name]-[name]ANNA[/name]) [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Katrina[/name] [name]Esther[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lara[/name] ([name]Juli[/name], [name]Rina[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name]) – all derived from family names. Important to me – 3-4 syllable names that can be shortened; nothing starting with a J or soft G sound ([name]Katrina[/name] was adopted and I don’t want her to be the oddball with the only name that doesn’t start with J); nothing super-popular (100+ on the SSA list is good). Last name starts with R and sounds like Winehouse.

Here’s my list so far:

First Names (& nn’s)
[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Daisy[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name] ([name]Trixie[/name])
[name]Cordelia[/name] ([name]Cora[/name], [name]Cori[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Elsie[/name])
[name]Felicity[/name] ([name]Lizzie[/name])
[name]Rosalind[/name] ([name]Lindy[/name])

Middle Names (these are family names)
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]

All of these are just possibilities at this point. I would welcome any suggestions of names for me to ponder. DH is one of those that won’t make suggestions but loves to veto, so the more you can throw at me, the better. I know the fresh vintage style that I seem to favor is one that Berries do best, so I’m eagerly awaiting your help! :slight_smile:

Great list! Ok I love [name]Cordelia[/name] and eloise. Soo pretty :slight_smile:

[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name] / [name]Gabriella[/name] [harder G]
[name]Sandrine[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Theadora[/name]
[name]Phillipa[/name]
[name]Bettina[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Leanora[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] Chickpeaz, congrats on your fourth daughter! [name]How[/name] is you DH holding up being so outnumbered by girls! :smiley: Here are my thoughts on your name list and some suggestions for you to consider. All the best!

First Names (& nn’s)
[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Daisy[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] this name as well as [name]Adeline[/name].
[name]Beatrix[/name] ([name]Trixie[/name]) - OK
[name]Cordelia[/name] ([name]Cora[/name], [name]Cori[/name]) - Nice enough but I would avoid another name ending in an “a” so [name]Genevieve[/name] won’t feel left out.
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Elsie[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] this French name. It has alot of spunk!
[b][name]Felicity[/name] /b - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] ([name]Lindy[/name]) - This is a great Shakespearean name.

Possible Middle Name Combos
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]

Other 3-4 Syllable Suggestions
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Rosamunde[/name] / [name]Rosalie[/name] / [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] / [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]/ [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Arabelle[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lara[/name]!!! Bless you! Gorgeousness. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love all your names, favorite would have to be [name]Eloise[/name]!

Some others to throw at you could be:

[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Francine[/name]
[name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Verena[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

oh, and I just wanted to second [name]Isadora[/name] lovely name.

Thanks so much for the input! @mischa – DH is thrilled with another girl. He gets his boy fix from nephews and is always more than happy to send them home. :lol:

Some of the suggestions are going right onto my short list for DH to see – I especially like [name]Mirabel[/name]. Some were tentative for my list – [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] – and others were ones I’d never considered, like [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Melisande[/name]. With the exception of [name]Eloise[/name], I’ve stayed away from anything starting with E-. We know so many Emmas, Ellas, Evelyns, Emilys – it just seems really overdone. But I really locked on to [name]Elodie[/name] and I need to think on that some more (it could be a nice blend to honor great-grandmas [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Delores[/name]).

I’m steering clear of anything with an -ine or -ina ending. They’re so pretty, but -ine is too close to our last name and -ina is a little too matchy with big sister [name]Rina[/name]. And while I love the V names – [name]Violet[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Verity[/name] – I’m afraid on the heels of [name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Vivi[/name]) it would be a little much.

You’ve given me a lot to think about – thank you all so much! Please keep the suggestions and opinions coming.

[name]Persephone[/name]

[name]Beatrice[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name]

I’m really funny about sharing names – I won’t tell people what we’re thinking about until the baby is here – weird fear of jinxing the pregnancy and also I just don’t want their opinions. Perfect strangers on computer sites are fine; I just won’t tell my family and friends. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I just talked to my mom and threw some old standards at her that we’re not really considering ([name]Matilda[/name] was one) just to get a reaction. She was really nice, made a few suggestions (thanks, but no thanks) and didn’t automatically reject anything I said, so I’m sure anything off my original list would be fine. (I do this every time so she’s used to being surprised.)

I’m really liking [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Mirabel[/name] right now. Unfortunately I would really [name]LOVE[/name] to use [name]Jocelyn[/name] for a MN (my dad’s pick; it was his mom’s name and he has terminal cancer and is under hospice care – we’re hoping he’ll live to see this baby but it’s very up in the air – kind of hard not to honor that one small request!) but [name]Jocelyn[/name] does not sound good with any of those. So maybe back to the drawing board to find something that meets my criteria but also sounds good before [name]Jocelyn[/name]…? UGH!

I think [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be such a sweet addition to your line of daughters!!! Go [name]Felicity[/name]!

Congrats on girl #4! we are expecting girl #2 ourselves, so yay for pink!!
[name]Love[/name] your name choices- we had several similar on our list. My dd is [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] Darling.
Have u considered [name]Francesca[/name]? (nn [name]Fran[/name], [name]Franny[/name], [name]Chessie[/name], Chesca)
It is a little long for a FN for us but I think I am using it as a MN (considering [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] for this one).
I also love [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] for u.
Good luck mama!

With [name]Jocelyn[/name] :
[name]Leanna[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Annie[/name])
[name]Paisley[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]

options just in general for you:
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]- [name]Lucille[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] ([name]Lulu[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name])
[name]Emerson[/name] ([name]Emmy[/name])
[name]Cassia[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name])
[name]Abilene[/name] ([name]Abbie[/name])
[name]Helena[/name] (for heh-lay-na [name]Lena[/name] or [name]Lanie[/name] or for heh-[name]LEE[/name]-na [name]Lea[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Beatrice[/name] ([name]Bea[/name])
[name]Leandra[/name] ([name]Andie[/name])
[name]Amelia[/name] ([name]Mimi[/name] , [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Suzanna[/name] ([name]Suzie[/name])
[name]Seraphina[/name] ([name]Sera[/name] , Seri)
[name]Samantha[/name] ([name]Sam[/name] , [name]Sami[/name] , ooh [name]Samantha[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] - [name]Sami[/name] [name]Jo[/name]! :slight_smile:

@Gemekim, I luuuuuuuurve [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name] – it was at the very top of the list until Dad threw that “[name]Jocelyn[/name]” at me. Now I’m rethinking. [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] is like a mouthful of snakes.

@theemilygrace, [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] is in the running, but only if I can get hubby to stop going taptaptap “[name]Penny[/name]?” taptaptap “[name]Penny[/name]?” taptaptap “[name]Penny[/name]?” on my belly. (Does anyone watch The Big Bang [name]Theory[/name]? You’ll get the reference. :roll: ) I really dislike the nn [name]Penny[/name] and if he’s going to insist on calling her that (when there’s [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] and so many other cute options) I’m going to throw it out altogether!

[name]Hi[/name] Chickpeaz, here are some suggestions with [name]Jocelyn[/name] in the middle spot.
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Cecile[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Margot[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Lorraine[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Brigitte[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Odile[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Sabine[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Pascale[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]

Three or more syllables, can be shortened to a 2-syllable nickname, no soft G or J, no V, no -ine or -ina endings, and sounds good in front of [name]Jocelyn[/name] (sorry for repeats):
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name])
[name]Amoret[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Amy[/name])
[name]Ariadne[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Aria[/name], [name]Addie[/name])
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Didi[/name], [name]Annie[/name])
[name]Amabel[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Amy[/name], [name]Bella[/name])
[name]Winona[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Winnie[/name])
[name]Ramona[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Romy[/name])
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Miri[/name])
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name], [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Bree[/name])
[name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] (any of the [name]Margaret[/name] nns, plus [name]Rita[/name])
[name]Loretta[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Lori[/name], [name]Etta[/name])
[name]Alessandra[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Allie[/name], [name]Sandy[/name])
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] ([name]Anna[/name], [name]Stacy[/name])

Second the pp suggestions, especially [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]. And I like [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]! Good luck!

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] makes my heart melt! I think it would make for a beautiful name. Here are some other ideas:

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Avigail[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] (<3)
Maeve Jocelyn
Lila Jocelyn
Aria Jocelyn (<3)
Elodie Jocelyn
Carissa Jocelyn
Fiona Jocelyn
Willa Jocelyn
Nathalia Jocelyn
Cleo Jocelyn
Ophelia Jocelyn
Rosemary Jocelyn
Rosalie Jocelyn

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] makes my heart melt! I think it would make for a beautiful name. Here are some other ideas:

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Avigail[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] (<3)
Maeve Jocelyn
Lila Jocelyn
Aria Jocelyn (<3)
Elodie Jocelyn
Carissa Jocelyn
Fiona Jocelyn
Willa Jocelyn
Nathalia Jocelyn
Cleo Jocelyn
Ophelia Jocelyn
Rosemary Jocelyn
Rosalie Jocelyn

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] is so pretty! [name]Cori[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are both great nns and I think this name fits into your family well.

[name]Mirabel[/name] (or [name]Mirabelle[/name] if you want to embellish the name a bit!) [name]Jocelyn[/name] works ok too I think.
I also like [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]!

I really like the idea of using [name]Jocelyn[/name] in the middle especially since your other girls have family names. You could try [name]Joy[/name], [name]Lyn[/name], [name]Elyn[/name], or [name]Joyce[/name] as an alternate if you just don’t find anything you love with [name]Jocelyn[/name] in full?

Congrats on girl #4! girls are fun :slight_smile: