Time to Revive: "G" Names

I love G names.

A second daughter would have been [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] with its refreshing Alpine quality and nostalgic nod to the wonderful [name_f]Ginnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] books from childhood.

I gave my beloved shiny black dog, [name_f]Venus[/name_f], who came prenamed the first name [name_f]Gladys[/name_f]. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] Welsh [name_f]Gladys[/name_f], my little gladiola.

The dainty and delicate [name_f]Georgette[/name_f], reminiscent of the same named silk fabric and Regency romance novels.

[name_u]Garnet[/name_u], a glittering pomegranate color and the heroine of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Enright’s Thimble [name_f]Summer[/name_f].

Your G names and thoughts?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] - such a lovely and sleek sounding name - and I can link it to Frankenstein :grin::woman_facepalming:

[name_f]Georgette[/name_f] is cute and clunky at the same time and [name_u]Garnet[/name_u] is gorgeous!!

I’d love to meet a [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], a [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or a [name_f]Gillian[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], and [name_f]Gayle[/name_f]

3 Likes

Yes to [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgetta[/name_f]!
@Greyblue I’m on board with [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] too.
I’d love to see [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] and [name_f]Gail[/name_f] revived like @Strawberry.Bunny and perhaps [name_u]Genie[/name_u] independently.

3 Likes

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Glynis[/name_f] have my vote for revival! Especially [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] (little Gertie!!) and [name_f]Gladys[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]!

This is probably a rare opinion but I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Gertie[/name_f]. [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] in full isn’t my personal taste but I think [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] is adorable.

Also, [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Gillian[/name_f], [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], and [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]!

3 Likes

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is pretty, though I tend to prefer Jemma/Jemima/Mima.

1 Like

[name_f]Golda[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I love G names! (for boys too)

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] tops my list. I met a young [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] (from Romania) and it was so refreshing

I love all the names that start with [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], even though I dont have a long form I like for it and just names arent really my style.

I love [name_f]Gladys[/name_f]. I have a close friend my own age from Singapore whose [name_f]English[/name_f] name is [name_f]Gladys[/name_f], and it’s great on her. The “glad” syllable makes me happy.

I like [name_f]Greta[/name_f] too.

1 Like

Yes “glad” is a lovely way to start a name!

[name_f]Gillian[/name_f], [name_u]Greer[/name_u], Golda/Goldie, [name_f]Gilda[/name_f], [name_f]Gisele[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Gudrun[/name_f], [name_u]Glyn[/name_u], [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_m]Gregor[/name_m], [name_f]Gloriana[/name_f], [name_f]Grazia[/name_f], [name_f]Graziella[/name_f], [name_f]Gioia[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_u]Greer[/name_u], as in [name_m]Garson[/name_m]. And [name_f]Gudrun[/name_f] too. (I remember someone attacking me on nameberry years ago because a Nazi woman was named [name_f]Gudrun[/name_f] and I had said I liked the name. Of course, a famous Nazi woman was named [name_f]Eva[/name_f] too and that doesn’t stop people from liking what is otherwise a nice name.)

[name_f]Gladys[/name_f] is so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’d love to see it revived! I also love [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] and [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]. I don’t see [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] getting more popular anytime soon (sadly), but [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] could!

I love [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] because of the amazing [name_f]English[/name_f] cottage gardener and Renaissance woman, Miss [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] Jeykll. I named my little red garden wagon after her! I think [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] is cute, despite the horrible [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] in [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables, and being part [name_m]German[/name_m], am fond of [name_f]Gerda[/name_f].

[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] I’m sorry about, but all I can hear is retchin’. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah this is why I doubt it will get popular :joy: I wasn’t the biggest fan of it until I learned it’s a nickname for Margaret, then it sounded so cute!

1 Like

You never know… it could grow on people!

1 Like

I just want to say how much I love this series.

I’m surprise to look at my list and see no G names for girls! How weird is that. I do love the spelling [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], maybe short for [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]? [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] is fun. [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is on my list by only as a nickname for [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

[name_f]Gertie[/name_f], maybe?

1 Like

Oh, thank you, Osprey. It is a nice communal effort and if it leads to even one more [name_f]Gertie[/name_f], the world will be a more joyful place! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Golda[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]

1 Like