Time to Revive: Male "H" Names

I had no idea how many male H names I find delicious!

[name_m]Herbert[/name_m] stands out with the green [name_m]Herb[/name_m] and cute [name_m]Herbie[/name_m] as nns.

[name_m]Harold[/name_m] with nn [name_u]Harry[/name_u] is sweet too.

I had no idea [name_m]Harmon[/name_m] (also an [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables name) was so popular, but I like it mightily.

And of course the elegant [name_m]Hugh[/name_m].

Thoughts and additions?

2 Likes

Our most recent addition is named [name_m]Harris[/name_m], nn [name_u]Harry[/name_u], and we love it!

We also liked [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] route to [name_u]Harry[/name_u]!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] Herbert!! I knew a [name_m]Herbie[/name_m] once and always thought that was cool.

I’d love to meet a [name_m]Horatio[/name_m]

1 Like

How could a [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] not be dashing and handsome?

I’m afraid I can’t summon up much passion for [name_u]Howard[/name_u] (although I appreciate Ward), but I do love [name_m]Hal[/name_m], such a jovial sounding chap.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], and I’ve quite warmed to [name_m]Horatio[/name_m].

[name_m]Hector[/name_m] / Heck
[name_m]Hal[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Humphrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Hywel[/name_m]
[name_m]Hermes[/name_m]
[name_u]Hilary[/name_u]
[name_m]Hubert[/name_m]

[name_m]Hamish[/name_m] is already pretty popular in Australia, but the others not so much.

2 Likes

I’d like to revive [name_u]Hayward[/name_u]! I think it sounds naturey and stately, soft and strong all at once.

Any takers for [name_m]Horace[/name_m]? I know a family who liked it for their second son, but went for [name_u]Harry[/name_u] in the end (to most people’s approval).

I have looked after a young [name_m]Hector[/name_m]. His twin also has a common H name. [name_m]Hector[/name_m] was a very sweet young thing and he gave me an appreciation for his moniker, even though I still can’t claim to love it.

I can get on board with [name_m]Harold[/name_m] and [name_u]Howard[/name_u] due to the nn’s [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] and [name_m]Howie[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Hayward[/name_u]! [name_m]Horace[/name_m] is growing on me, but I do prefer [name_m]Horatio[/name_m].

1 Like

Yes, [name_m]Hal[/name_m] does sound very friendly!!

Not sure on [name_u]Howard[/name_u] myself either but I had a guinea pig called [name_m]Howie[/name_m] so that nn has endeared itself to me

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m] and [name_m]Hamish[/name_m]!

I know a young [name_m]Harmon[/name_m] (spelled differently)!

[name_f]My[/name_f] additions are [name_m]Hewitt[/name_m] and [name_m]Hector[/name_m] (I see he’s already getting some love).

2 Likes

H names I really love include:

[name_m]Hiram[/name_m]
[name_m]Homer[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawk[/name_m]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Horton[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

1 Like

Great list!

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] is a good name. I like [name_m]Hartigan[/name_m] and [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m] too.

And [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] is beautiful, a literary and a nature name.

I love [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]! I probably wouldn’t use it as a first name (as my dad has expressed dislike for it haha, but could maybe change his mind over time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but would consider it for a middle name!

1 Like

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m] is one of my favorite names, and the name of my bereaved protagonist in my forthcoming novel.

[name_m]Harald[/name_m] with [name_m]Hal[/name_m] as a nn, or even [name_m]Hallam[/name_m], to get to [name_m]Hal[/name_m].

[name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Humphrey[/name_m], [name_m]Hubert[/name_m], [name_m]Harris[/name_m], [name_m]Horace[/name_m], and dashing [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] indeed (who can’t see [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] Peck in that name?).

1 Like