Timothy

Such an underrated classic. I recently fell in love with it more after watching Call the Midwife. Sadly…I cannot use it because if he ever went by a nn with our surname he would be [name_m]Timmy[/name_m] M@c[name_f]Kimmie[/name_f] and I just wouldn’t do that to a child.

So can somebody else please use it! [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] if you like.

I adore [name_m]Timothy[/name_m], and mostly because of [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] [name_m]Turner[/name_m] (with a little help from the famous five). I don’t know if I’d actually use it, just a touch too popular for me as a first, but I’d love to meet more little Timothys.

DH and I love [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]! It’s on our short list! We were thinking of using my maiden name as a middle name.

I actually really like [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]'s sound, but unfortunately I hate the nicknames. Have you thought about [name_m]Timotheus[/name_m]?

I have an uncle [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]/[name_m]Tim[/name_m]! Maybe it is due a comeback… My dad (his brother) is [name_m]Julian[/name_m], and look at that now!

I adore the name [name_m]Timothy[/name_m], I’ve loved it since reading it in the book The [name_f]Secret[/name_f] of Nimh. I also really like Call the Midwife, but I was already in love with the name by then!

I’d definitely consider using [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] if it didn’t feel so [name_m]Christian[/name_m] to me. Like the name [name_f]Mary[/name_f], I love it, but it’s just too heavily linked to what I think of as ‘devout [name_m]Christian[/name_m] names’. I could probably go for it if my partner was also on board, I think [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] would fit quite well in his family’s naming style ([name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - they reuse names a lot).

I’d probably go for [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] or [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] [name_u]Rohan[/name_u].