Tish 🥀

I’ve been really loving the name [name_f]Tish[/name_f] recently, it makes me think of [name_f]Morticia[/name_f] Addams who’s absolutely iconic and the 90s Addams Family’s have been some of my favorite movies since I was young. I love the slight femme fatale, gloomy vibe of it but it also feels lively at the same time. I honestly love it as is but I prefer longer names with a nn than just nickname names. So I have three things I was wondering~

Does [name_f]Tish[/name_f] remind you of [name_m]Fish[/name_m]?
What are your thoughts on [name_f]Tish[/name_f]?
What are some full names for the nn [name_f]Tish[/name_f]?

I’ve thought of Leticia/Letitia which I actually really like but other than that that’s about it. I don’t mind [name_f]Tish[/name_f] being stretchy as a nn, whatever you think could work feel free to put it down

Thank you for the help in advance!

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Laetitia[/name_f] ‘Tish’! Such a fun nickname, I think it’s fresh and brisk, a bit like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or Fliss. It doesn’t make me think of fish.

Other long name options, pretty stretchy…
[name_f]Lettice[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Solstice[/name_u]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Tisiphone[/name_f]
[name_f]Thetis[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] niece is actually [name_f]Morticia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tish[/name_f] so I’m kind of bias but I love it

1 Like

It’s not my favorite nickname name, but it definitely works for a lot of full names. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought is simply [name_f]Trisha[/name_f] or [name_f]Tricia[/name_f].

1 Like

It didn’t make me think of ‘fish’ until you mentioned it! The word that instantly came to mind for me was ‘tissue’. It’s not my favourite, but I’m also biased because it’s hard for me to pronounce :sweat_smile: Although I don’t like it as a full name, I think I could find it quite cool as a nickname! The previous posters covered most of the names I would have suggested, but it could also work for [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], Thomaïs, [name_f]Thaïs[/name_f], Thespia and [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Tish[/name_f] fine, though I like [name_f]Gish[/name_f] and [name_f]Tricia[/name_f] more.

It does not remind me of [name_m]Fish[/name_m].

While I can see [name_f]Gish[/name_f] or [name_f]Tricia[/name_f] as full names in themselves, [name_f]Tish[/name_f] feels a bit light as a standalone to me.

I like [name_u]Leslie[/name_u], [name_f]Lettice[/name_f], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Letitia[/name_f], [name_f]Leticia[/name_f], [name_f]Letizia[/name_f], [name_f]Leatrice[/name_f], [name_u]Titian[/name_u], and [name_f]Titania[/name_f] as firsts with [name_f]Tish[/name_f] as a nn.

1 Like
  1. Definitely does not make me think “fish!” I think of [name_f]Morticia[/name_f] first.

2. I think it’s fun and vibrant. Definitely feels like a nick name, to me.

3. [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] comes to mind as a full name—as does the bold [name_f]Morticia[/name_f]! Other ideas: [name_f]Aloysia[/name_f], [name_f]Ashanti[/name_f], [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]British[/name_f] (Is this a name? Lol), or [name_f]Trisha[/name_f].

1 Like

@persephonescrown oooh I love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_u]Solstice[/name_u] and especially [name_f]Thetis[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

@coolauntieviolet I wish I could be cool enough to pull off [name_f]Morticia[/name_f]

@emarias22 definitely fair! [name_f]Tricia[/name_f] is cute

@tallemaja I also thought of tissue, I guess it’s not as bad where I am cause half the time we call tissues Kleenex’s. I love Thomaïs and [name_f]Thaïs[/name_f]!

@Harvest-Endellion I feel the same way about it feeling light, I love the sound of it but it just doesn’t sound substantial enough to be a full name. [name_u]Titian[/name_u] and [name_f]Titania[/name_f] are really cool full names for [name_f]Tish[/name_f]!

@snowmaiden I’m glad the majority don’t think it sounds like fish :sweat_smile: I love [name_f]Ashanti[/name_f]! I actually know a [name_f]British[/name_f], he’s a guy though, his brother is [name_u]England[/name_u]

3 Likes

[name_f]Tish[/name_f] doesn’t immediately make me think of [name_m]Fish[/name_m]. It’s fun, playful, but with a hint of grit and kick.

Some full names for [name_f]Tish[/name_f]:

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Patricia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tanith[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiphanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
Thomasine/Thomasina/Tamsin
Isuelt

1 Like