Tisiphone/ Tesephone

I’m starting to see [name]Persephone[/name] getting [name]WAY[/name] too popular for my taste, so I’ve been looking for similar names and have found Tisiphone/Tesephone. It is pronounced like [name]Persephone[/name], but with a different beginning. [name]Ti[/name]-sef-oh-nee. I’ve met several women online that want to use [name]Persephone[/name] and I honestly can see it become the next [name]Stephanie[/name], if you catch my drift.

Wdyt? It is also from mythology. If you can come up with other names like [name]Persephone[/name], that would be greatly appreciated!

I’m not sure what other names like [name]Persephone[/name] you’re looking for? [name]Just[/name] names from mythology in general, or names ending in -phone.

These days I think most people can read [name]Persephone[/name] and know how it’s pronounced… but I’m not sure the same holds for Tisiphone, particularly when it’s spelled Tesephone. It just looks like telephone to me.

Dovah,

Either would be fine. I’m trying to find a long, flowy Greek mythological name that is out of the top 1000.

I like the sound of it, but I recognized it right away as being the name of one of the Furies, which isn’t a great association. I also just looked it up and it apparently means “avenging murder.”

I think that [name]Persephone[/name] will likely rise in popularity and become more familiar, but I don’t see it becoming so popular that it becomes the next [name]Stephanie[/name]. [name]Persephone[/name] isn’t even in the top 1000 at the moment. I don’t see it breaking the top 500 any time soon. I know that [name]Penelope[/name] shot up, but [name]Penelope[/name] was much more familiar than [name]Persephone[/name] to begin with.

I doubt [name]Persephone[/name] will really get as popular as [name]Stephanie[/name] in it’s heyday…then again [name]Penelope[/name]'s popularity really surprised me so who knows.
Thisiphone definitely will be much more rare, but it looks awkward to me. Like “This is a phone”.

[name]Thais[/name]
Persimmon
[name]Sappho[/name]

[name]Persephone[/name] isn’t popular at all…

I really can’t imagine [name]Persephone[/name] catching on in real life even if some people are talking about the name online. Tisiphone and Tesephone just make me think of “telephone” and don’t have the same appeal as [name]Persephone[/name] has.

My first thought was to suggest [name]Persephone[/name], which I don’t see ever becoming truly popular, despite my love for it. I don’t care for Tisiphone but if you want long, flowing Greek names:

[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Antigone[/name]
[name]Jocasta[/name]
Clytemnestra
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Iphigenia[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Aphrodite[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]
Merope
[name]Daphne[/name]

I would stick with [name]Persephone[/name]. There are many beautiful Greek names, but I agree that Tisiphone looks too much like “telephone.” You may also be interested in the [name]Roman[/name] name for [name]Persephone[/name], which is Proserpina.

Be realistic: there’s no way [name]Persephone[/name] is going to get that popular. If you like Tisiphone then that’s fine (although I expect people might find it sort of confusing), but don’t feel like you have to change it up because the name you like is going to be everywhere.

[name]Hi[/name],

[name]Hermione[/name] has been on my list. I do like it, and may just trade it with [name]Persephone[/name]. I’ve also liked [name]Athena[/name] and [name]Calliope[/name]. I think [name]Aphrodite[/name] is unusable. :frowning: [name]Iphigenia[/name] and [name]Antigone[/name] are lovely. :slight_smile:

I already know about seven moms online who are planning on using it. It is definitely growing in popularity.

Nah. I don’t like it, sorry.

Why not trying the [name]Roman[/name] version, Proserphine? Or maybe Proserphina. It’s much less popular.

All I hear is “serp” as in Serpent. :confused:

Terpsichore, the muse of dancing!

Woah. That is a mouthful, lol. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a mouthful…

some more:
[name]Eurydice[/name]
[name]Ourania[/name]
[name]Thalassa[/name]
[name]Dana[/name]ë
Melpomene
[name]Atalanta[/name]
Euterpe
Polyhymnia/Polymnia
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Theia[/name]
[name]Asteria[/name]
[name]Callisto[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
Chione
[name]Nephele[/name]
Cyrene
[name]Ondine[/name]/[name]Undine[/name]
Oenone

I used [name]Ourania[/name] for a character, but I love. I also like [name]Thalia[/name] and [name]Danae[/name] (really pretty!), [name]Asteria[/name] and [name]Nephele[/name].

[name]Thalassa[/name] was a Greek sea goddess.