Titan...

My friend just had a baby and named him: Titan [name]Alexander[/name] Kirkpatrick _____.

I know it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought it was interesting. :slight_smile:
What are your thoughts?

I have a friend considering this name, too! It isn’t for me, but I can see the appeal. Her other top pick is [name]Atlas[/name]. They are going for a strong, solid boys name. She thinks those names are safe from ever going to the girls side :wink:

Titan isn’t terrible but I prefer [name]Titus[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] though!

Our son’s name is Titan [name]Sterling[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. We are in love with it, but agree it is a bit of a heavy, strong name. Before choosing we did take into consideration that my husband is 6’5" and is among the shortest of the men in his family. The men in my family average over 6’ so we felt safe giving our son a big name:) It’s different enough to stand out but everyone knows how to pronounce and spell it.

Keep in mind my opinion might be a little tainted because of the association I have with it but I have trouble taking this name seriously. I know a guy who ended up becoming a male stripper with the stage name Titan and thanks to him I can only imagine it on really tan, buff, wrestling type guys.

I think Titan is awful, sorry! Though I can see why it’d attract others, it has a similar feel to [name]Hunter[/name], and similar names.

It’s on trend, but all I hear is ‘tighten’.