Title and Blurb Game

Your Arms Around Me

[name_f]Varvara[/name_f] lives with her single mum in the busy city of London; she loves her mum, though she often dreams of having someone else to spend her time with. She’s used to falling asleep in her mother’s arms, but one day, when her mum falls seriously ill, [name_f]Varvara[/name_f] must learn to look after herself. Despite her protests, she finds herself sent to the countryside to stay with her cruel grandmother, who is her only remaining family other than her mum - or so she is told.
In the same area that [name_f]Varvara[/name_f] is staying, another girl, [name_f]Bea[/name_f], lives with her single dad. She dreams of having a proper family; a sister, a mum, maybe even a brother.
When in unlikely circumstances the two girls meet, they form a strong bond - and together unravel secrets that neither’s parents have dared to tell their child… are [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Varvara[/name_f] really sisters?

Next title: The [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] Sisters

1 Like

The [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] Sisters

When you grow up in an extremely isolating, strict, religious and abusive home, you actually look forward to three hours of church on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. Sundays are the only day you get to have a hint of freedom. Sundays are the only day you get to see other children. Sundays are the only day your parents pretend they are loving and kind to you. But most of all, Sundays are when you get to be with your [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Sister[/name_f].

[name_f]Alsie[/name_f] was fortunate enough to escape her stifling abusive childhood. Now living in [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]York[/name_u], she can’t stop thinking about [name_f]Mina[/name_f], her [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Sister[/name_f]. What happened to her? Is she still under the influence of their parents’ religious cult? Did she escape as well? [name_m]Can[/name_m] [name_f]Alsie[/name_f] track her down?

The [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] Sisters tells a story of two remarkable women, whose paths diverged and then met again in the most uncanny of ways. It is a story of freedom and recovery, it is a story of triumph over abuse. But mostly it is the story of the lasting bond of a childhood friendship forged from despair and the innocence of hope.

Next Title: One [name_f]Margarita[/name_f], Two

One Margarita, Two

Chris was used to the rocking cadence of barkeeping. Two beers. Clink, clack — glasses. Sffft, pop — bottle. Psssh, phsss — filled. One beer, two. Until she came in and disturbed everything.

O’Seamus Bar was dying… until Keira O’Seamus came home. Her dad had called her up in a frenzy while she was in Houston and promised he only needed one year. So she left Texas as soon as her contract was up and moved back home.

O’Seamus Bar became the one and only place anyone could come and hear Keira O’Seamus, country singer and traditional Irish performer. Business skyrocketed, and Chris hated it. He was serving new and improved drinks — top of the line whiskeys, scotches, and wines — to top of the line customers — football players in the NFL, LA millionaires, and movie stars with attitudes to match their bank accounts.

Until Keira lost her voice in a freak accident in which an irate and very drunk customer flung a bottle at Chris, who ducked… allowing the bottle to smack Keira in the throat and head.

How was life ever going to be fixed now?

Next: Shadow Betrayer

2 Likes

Next title?

it’s ‘shadow betrayer’.

1 Like

[name_u]Shadow[/name_u] Betrayer

There is a very good reason why [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] doesn’t talk about where he’s from. Sky’s certain of that much.

As a ‘sleuth-in-training’ (his words, literally nobody else refers to him as such), he makes it his mission to find out Kieran’s secret.

But when the answer is much more fantastical than he expected, can [name_u]Sky[/name_u] use his talents to save the object of his recent obsession… or will it be all down to him when [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] falls?

Next: Son/Daughter of The [name_u]North[/name_u]

1 Like

The Daughter Of The [name_u]North[/name_u]
“Wynter, you are a special child. A [name_u]North[/name_u] Child: born on the stroke of midnight on the coldest night of the year. As the stories have it, one day you will save us all.”
[name_u]Wynter[/name_u] Frostbite is just like any other twelve-year-old girl living in the city of Eversnow - she has a ton of siblings and is used to harvest the rarest, most essential part of Eversnow daily life. Frostfire. Without it, Wynter’s hometown would be down on its knees before the snow; everybody knows that. So, when one day the Frostfire Harvesters collect just a single strand of this magical essence, help is needed in Eversnow.
Aside from a mysterious snow-merchant, [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], everyone in Eversnow turns to ice in a frosty gale. It is now up to [name_u]Wynter[/name_u] and her new friend to save the whole of Eversnow before they, too, freeze in the dead of the night… will [name_u]Wynter[/name_u] fulfill her prophecy of becoming Daughter of The [name_u]North[/name_u], or will the snow envelop Eversnow for eternity?

Next title: The Best of The Best

1 Like

the best of the best

the moongrove family has dominated the life of its surrounding town for decades. a large, sprawling mansion that no one except house staff ever seems to enter and exit. inside, family secrets are thick, and skeletons are tumbling out of closets at every corner. but the people in the town don’t know this, of course.

until everything changes.

heir of the famous family, manon moongrove begins attending the small-town high school at the start of the year, shocking everyone. enigmatic and reserved, nobody knows what to make of manon. the entire town is abuzz, and things only escalate when mayor windburn’s children approach her. samuel dean and daisy mae, the windburn twins, are determined to figure out who manon musgrove is.

everyone expects her to ignore them, but to everyone’s surprise, manon attends the twins’ annual beginning-of-the-year pool party. as a friendship begins to bloom between the children of the mayor and manon, scandals arise. from what seemed an innocent, pure companionship, bad blood is brewed between the families, raising decades-old of drama between the windburns and the moongroves, something that had been buried for so long.

manon, samuel, and daisy are determined to find the root of the drama and purge it before it drives the town apart. but with the entire town buzzing, secrets, betrayals—and bodies—piling up around them, and old traumas being relived, it’s a task either said than done.

it seems that whichever family comes up on top, whether it be the windburns or the moongroves, will be the best of the best.

next: a pink lemonade summer

a pink lemonade summer

tallulah (tally) hargreaves is going to have a relaxed summer. that is until gorgeous josephine and her father march into tally and her mum’s house, determined to mash tally’s already fragile heart into pieces. tally knows jo is out of bounds, but that doesn’t stop her from wondering what it could be like. tally knows this summer is going to be far from the pink lemonade summer she imagined.

next: 2 chickens and a girl

1 Like

Okay… here goes nothing. Also I changed 2 to ‘Two’ because it’s going to annoy me if I don’t.

Two Chickens and a [name_f]Girl[/name_f]

I’ve seen some wild things before, but [name_u]Piper[/name_u] Meadowes and her loyal chickens are something else entirely.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] may be new in town, but he’s no more confused about social pariah [name_u]Piper[/name_u] Meadowes than anyone else is. A few notable questions about the girl involve the two chickens who follow her everywhere (except for school grounds, of course) and the fact that she doesn’t seem to talk about her parents.

Perhaps the strangest mystery of all, though, is where she came from to start with.

But as secrets about Rowan’s new home and classmates begin springing to light, the mystery of Piper’s chickens might have a surprisingly logical answer… if your definition of logical involves witches, curses, and a well-planned-but-poorly-executed murder…

The obvious place to start when looking for a suspect is naturally [name_u]Piper[/name_u] Meadowes herself… but she’s definitely innocent of this crime.

Whether she’ll stay as such is a different question, though.

Next: Spellbooks of the Antarctic

Spellbooks of the Antarctic

When [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_m]Moray[/name_m] lands on Research Station Dumont d’Urville, Location Code AQ DDU, she thinks she’s in for a nice summer research fellowship provided by the [name_u]French[/name_u] government.

She doesn’t think this will be an easy summer, of course. It’s Antarctica; you’d have to be a fool to think an assignment on one of the most unforgiving landscapes in the world is simple.

What [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] didn’t bargain for, though, was that the natural world would be the least of her problems after landing on Research Station Dumont d’Urville, Location Code AQ DDU.

There’s a lot more than geology going on in this place, and [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] has a lot of questions to answer if she’s going to make it home alive.

What really happened to the Druzhnaya Station in 1987?
What is (or was?) the Omond House?
Why can’t anyone go past site marker 38?

And, most importantly, what does all of this have to do with [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_m]Moray[/name_m]?

Next: Who Saw You Last [name_u]Night[/name_u]?

1 Like

Who Saw You Last [name_u]Night[/name_u]?

Keeping yourself off the suspect list is the most important part of being a detective… and I’m failing it.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] is on some kind of high. All of a sudden he’s a person as exciting as the characters in his favourite books, and it’s… awesome.

But all good things come to an end, don’t they?

After a girl is found dead at the river’s edge — a girl who nobody seems to recognise — six different people claim to have seen [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] with her… in the middle of the night.

And yet [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] himself? He has no idea who this girl is, just like everybody else.

If the only person in town who believes him is [name_u]Piper[/name_u], will he have a chance to clear his name, or will his protests seal his fate?

[Yes, this is basically a sequel to ‘Two Chickens and a Girl’]

Next: Serpent of Shadows

If Serpent of Shadows isn’t particularly inspiring, here’s an alternate title:

The Map of Illusions

Hopefully that’s better?

1 Like

The Map of Illusions
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]York[/name_u] was a clever young man. He was clever enough to know that something wasn’t right with the map his little brother found hidden amongst their father’s papers. Clever enough to know that when he started waking up to whispers in the middle of the night, it had something to do with that map.
So what does he do? The stupidest thing possible- he finds out what’s going on.

Next: Accidents Happen

Accidents Happen

“Accidents happen”. That’s what they said when [name_f]Clara[/name_f] Fender pushed her ‘best friend’ out of a window. “Accidents happen”. That’s what they made each other believe when [name_f]Clara[/name_f] killed her brother.
“Accidents happen”. That’s what they said about Clara’s birth & Clara’s death.
But the ghost of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] Fender is about to show them “accidents happen”.

Next Title: The ghost of [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m], everyone’s little brother

2 Likes

The Ghost of [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m], Everyone’s [name_m]Little[/name_m] Brother

From what I can tell, seven-year-old [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] was the kind of child who everyone would have wanted as a younger brother. Kind and quiet and everything else that my younger cousin is not.

(Yes, he’s my younger cousin, but my only brother is my very-slightly-younger twin. So he’s the closest comparison I have.)

From what my twin can tell, [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] is an absolute demon. He’s always on about the dangerous pranks the boy’s ghost pulls from beyond the grave, and how the ‘little brat’ definitely has some evil connections.

Thing is, if the ghost of [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] is more of a demon… that means his death was even less natural than everyone seems to think.

‘Course, I’m not the medium. I’m not the sibling who can see ghosts, and I’m not the sibling who understands the ins and outs of all things paranormal and supernatural… but I am the one who wants to work out what really happened to the boy they found in the woods almost a decade ago.

Before it’s too late for my real younger brother.

Next: Witches of the [name_u]Sea[/name_u]

2 Likes

Witches of the [name_u]Sea[/name_u]

Running away to join a pirate crew is something [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] Luxford always dreamed of. Now seventeen, she decides that being a one-girl crew might be more fun to achieve, and so the ‘Succubus’ is born.

The idea is simple – a seemingly defenceless ship lures pirates into a devilish trap. Except it’s not demons that cause the ships to burst into flame upon the water. It’s magic.

And it works.

[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] expects nobody to trust ships like hers after a while. But a young sea witch named Raen Nerrocen manages to get on board and begs for her help.

And really, how can she say no?

(yeah, that makes no sense…)

Next: The [name_u]Wild[/name_u] Child

1 Like

Have a third instalment in the nonexistent ‘Rowan [name_u]Cross[/name_u] Investigates’ series, or some equally lame title:

The [name_u]Wild[/name_u] Child

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] Meadowes is up to all the old tricks, everyone seems to be hiding something from me, and I think someone’s disappeared. I might be too used to this by now…

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] has yet to know a dull day in Feldern, and it’s not getting there any time soon. It’s not long, and it never seems to be, before it becomes pretty obvious that things are as wrong as they always seem to be.

And yet nobody has noticed.

With a missing student that nobody else seems to remember, and the growing feeling that everyone else around him is keeping secrets, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] isn’t so sure he can work out what’s going on alone. But when his investigations turn up a possible cause for Feldern’s odd behaviour… well.

Feldern’s resident ‘wild child’ might not be [name_u]Piper[/name_u] Meadowes anymore, and I honestly think I prefer this new kid. [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t let her know that.

Next: Owls in the Library

(or Rejecting A [name_u]Storm[/name_u], since Owls in the Library is a bit of an odd one… and what inspired me a bit didn’t really work with Serpent of Shadows)

Owls in the Library
“Owls in the library, cats on the stairs, wolfs on the prowl, be safe, & bewares”. That was [name_f]Megan[/name_f] Morris’ favorite childhood rhyme, unique to her family. She loved that rhyme & analysed it every chance she got.

“Owls in the library” or as [name_f]Megan[/name_f] put it someone very, very smart.
“Cats on the stairs” perhaps someone who was quick or agile.
“Wolfs on the prowl” Someone searching for something.
“Be safe, & bewares” Whatever family secret the rhyme lead to was dangerous.

Megan’s mother would never tell her what the rhyme meant or was meant for. A treasure chest? A lost heirloom? Something very, very sinister. [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_m]Morris[/name_m] hoped her daughter never found out. But it’s too late for that now, Aunt [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] has gone missing & that rhyme is the only chance [name_f]Megan[/name_f] has of finding her.

Next: Killers & Kittens living in the same house

1 Like

Killers and Kittens Living In The Same House

Curiosity killed the cat, as they say.

But what if curiosity is the only thing that can save them?

Locked inside all day, every day, the [name_m]Golding[/name_m] brothers have never known anything about the world beyond their house’s walls. It’s been the same old story for years, and as their parents say, the world outside is too dangerous for them.

But their world, all wrapped up between four walls and a roof, isn’t much better. If their parents keep showing up wearing different clothes to the ones they left the house in, and the brothers seem to find a bloodstained version of the first outfit stuffed away somewhere more often than not… surely something’s wrong. Seriously wrong.

Yet digging into it all may not yield the results they expect, and if they can’t prove their ‘case’, they’ll be next.

And nobody will be able to report their murders, because nobody even knows they exist…

Next: Circle of the [name_f]Morning[/name_f] [name_f]Star[/name_f]