To 'C' or not to 'C'... THAT is my question!

Our son is [name]Chase[/name] and our daughter is [name]Carlie[/name]. I didn’t really pick those names because they both started with a ‘C’ - I just liked them. However, now we decided to have baby #3 (photo op suggests a BOY). [name]Do[/name] we have to stick with a ‘C’ name now or can we digress? If we pick a ‘C’ name, I don’t want it to sound like [name]Chase[/name] or [name]Carlie[/name].

My fave [name]NON[/name]-C names are:

• [name]Asher[/name]
  • [name]Myles[/name]
  • [name]Quinn[/name]
  • [name]Nash[/name]

If I have to go with another ‘C’… (limited list, I need more ideas!):

• [name]Cuyler[/name]
  • [name]Calum[/name]

What are your thoughts? Stick with a ‘C’ so the kiddo doesn’t feel left out or is it not a big deal? If I’m sticking with a ‘C’, I need more ideas!! THANKS!!!

A friend of mine recently had child number 3, after having 2 children with J names previously (one boy one girl), and chose a name starting with A, and my cousin has 3 girls starting with B, so in my experience you can go either way! The choice is yours!
I like C names for boys, I am expecting baby number 2 at the moment and if it is a boy we like [name]Corbin[/name] (up high on our short list!) I also like it spelt [name]Corbynn[/name], but I have a son [name]Flynn[/name], so I am thinking the spelling is too similar, maybe…
Some other C names…
[name]Carter[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Callan[/name], [name]Caden[/name], [name]Cole[/name]…
Good luck deciding! I am sure you will make the right choice

My older brother and I have the same initial and my younger sister has a different one. My mother considered other K names for girls, but too many were used in the neighborhood. Well, anyway, that’s moot. She would have been called [name]Michael[/name] if she was born a boy anyway, so it’s really not necessary to have the same initial.

Her name is quite a lot like mine, not rhyming exactly. All 3 of us, I think, have a nice sibling set of names. If you are planning or might have more than 3 children, I think a 3rd C would make it harder to deviate. After 2, it’s not really a pattern. It’s better to pick a name you love that goes with [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name] than to wedge a name into the pattern just because it starts with C, and if this isn’t your last, the problem will only get harder.

Thanks for the responses so far… it’s really helping me to get different perspectives! :slight_smile:

I think with three names, it’s easy to swich away from a shared initial for a third name and not have it be a big deal or super-noticable. If you go with a C for a third child and have a 4th, I think you’re pretty much bound to the C. There’s a family in my neighborhood with 4 children: [name]Donald[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Douglas[/name], and [name]Nina[/name], and they get a lot of WTH did [name]Nina[/name] come from, why not [name]Dina[/name], etc.

I like your “C” names, but don’t think you need to pick another one just because that is how the others start. I think it should be a name you love. I really like [name]Chase[/name], [name]Carlie[/name], [name]Quinn[/name]. The Q is a different letter, but has the same “hard” sound like the C. And when it is written, the Q has the same shape as the C so it looks like it goes together. Good luck!

[name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name] are lovely names!

While there are a lot of great C names out there, I feel I should encourage you not to use another one. In my opinion, giving all of your children names starting with the same letter is too matchy-matchy, and you have the chance to break the habit now (two children with the same initial is absolutely fine) before you possibly get saddled with 3, 4, 5 or 6 C names (or even more, in a Duggar-like situation :D). You could always use a C name that you love in a mn spot, too.

[name]Asher[/name] - I think this goes well with your children’s names.
[name]Myles[/name] - I’m not a fan, and it seems dated to me, in comparison with [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name].
[name]Quinn[/name] - very nice, and fits well.
[name]Nash[/name] - very abrupt. I think of nashing your teeth, the dog from the Beano, and Nashville, [name]Tennessee[/name] (I’m not sure if that last one is a good thing or not, I’ve never been there).

Good luck!

I would advise you to stay away from the C theme this time.

The names of [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] are perfect. In recent times [name]Miles[/name] has become a more popular name with those who want a name with a difference but not too out there.

More suggestions

[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Dane[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Erik[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Zane[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Zachary[/name] nn [name]Zac[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Piers[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Joel[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Lucas[/name]

I would personally choose a non-C name, too. With [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name], I think a more modern-sounding name would fit well.

[name]Asher[/name]: I know it’s a Biblical classic, but I do think it works with your kids’ names…
[name]Myles[/name]: I do like [name]Miles[/name], but I don’t think it works with your kids’ names…
[name]Quinn[/name]: I think this works really well with [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name]…([name]Quinn[/name] may be going to the girls, though. What about [name]Quinlan[/name]?)
[name]Nash[/name]: I’m personally not a [name]Nash[/name] fan…

[name]Cuyler[/name]: It’s not my style, but I can see its appeal. Chyler [name]Leigh[/name] is an actress, so to me, the name feels pretty feminine…
[name]Calum[/name]: I love [name]Callum[/name] (with two Ls), and can see it with your kids’ names.

Names with [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name]:

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name] (nn [name]Quinn[/name])
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] there :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is a repeat, but although [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name] both start with ‘c’, they make different sounds, so aren’t as similar as say [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name] or [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]!

I think you can easily get away with using a different first letter for baby number 3, and of your choices, my favourite by far is [name]Asher[/name].

Good luck!

This is wonderful! I’m feeling some pressure relief of not having to find a ‘C’ name. It’s weird - I really didn’t think much about it at first, but then some people I talked to seemed to be in shock (and not necessarily good shock) that the name might not be a ‘C’. I really like the suggestions and feedback as well - I’d rather hear all the feedback NOW than later! :slight_smile: I’m probably liking [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] the most right now - my husband likes [name]Quinn[/name] better… he says [name]Asher[/name] sounds like a reindeer!!! He’s not necessarily a trendsetter… that’s why I’m excited to have all of your feedback!

I don’t think you are, by any means, trapped into a “C” theme. Especially since, as previoulsy stated, their names start with a different sound. I would, personally, stay away from using another “C” name.

What do you think of [name]Chase[/name], [name]Carlie[/name] & [name]Eli[/name]?

In my opinion, two names that start with the same letter do not make a pattern. Three names with the same starting letter…and you start to see the cutesy. [name]Both[/name] of my brothers’ names start with P. Mine does not. (Only three of us.) I do not feel left out. And I am happy that my parents didn’t go with alliteration.

Go with the name you like the most. [name]Don[/name]'t stretch for a C name…and if you like a C name the best, go with that :slight_smile: (Though you may feel the need to let people know your intentions :P)

I, myself, adore the name [name]Calum[/name]/[name]Callum[/name]. But I love [name]Myles[/name] too! There is also [name]Milo[/name]… And [name]Quinn[/name] is super cute :slight_smile:

I think you should choose a name you like and if its not with the C-theme just go with it.

Here’s some C names:

• [name]Calvin[/name]
  • [name]Caleb[/name]
  • [name]Cameron[/name]
  • [name]Cassius[/name]
  • [name]Christopher[/name] ([name]Chris[/name])
  • [name]Cody[/name]
  • [name]Colm[/name]/ [name]Colin[/name]
  • [name]Coen[/name]
  • [name]Cole[/name]
  • [name]Cooper[/name]
  • [name]Corey[/name]
  • [name]Connor[/name]
  • [name]Conrad[/name]/ [name]Conroy[/name]
  • [name]Curtis[/name]
  • [name]Cullen[/name]

I think [name]Chase[/name], [name]Carlie[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] go amazing together.[name]Connor[/name] is an Irish name featured in Irish mythology and means wolf lover or lover of hounds. It has heaps of other spellings as well. Oh, [name]Cooper[/name] also sounds good with [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Carlie[/name]:slight_smile: