To go with Scarlett...

Hey all!

So I need opinions! I love the name [name]Sawyer[/name], but I really don’t think it goes with [name]Scarlett[/name], because of the same first letters, which I really don’t like in paired names…

So, I’m thinking of new names, I really like…
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Jake[/name]

So, maybe tell me what you think of those names, or add others you think would be good!
Thanks!

[name]Scarlett[/name] and brother…
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Calix[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Tennyson[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Talon[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Clarion[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Hector[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Ivan[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]

These are nice, as is [name]Scarlett[/name]! Here are a few thoughts:

[name]Chase[/name] - I like the sound of this name a lot, but I find it is a lot of “word name” with [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a consideration, not a deal breaker. I also find the name a little “stuffy” because of its use in the name of at least two bank chains, it’s like a money name. It works well enough though. If you could get behind [name]Charles[/name] with your style and last name, [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] is much more “grounded” to me, and I think [name]Chase[/name] works as a nickname for [name]Charles[/name], while still giving the child more nickname options and history.

[name]Joseph[/name] - love this name. Works nicely with [name]Scarlett[/name], to me, sort of balances it, brings out the grounded side of the name [name]Scarlett[/name].

[name]Daniel[/name] - ditto [name]Joseph[/name]. I knew a sib-set [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name], I thought they were nice together, and this is sort of similar.

[name]Hunter[/name] - Nice, but again, a lot of “word name.” Also, I think [name]Scarlett[/name] is a beautiful name, but to me, along with reading “gorgeous” and “independent” it rings a little bit “aggressive.” Maybe that’s just because the Scarletts I’ve known have had that personality, though (although [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] must have contributed too). So to have [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Hunter[/name] is a lot of aggression in the sibset’s names, to my ear. Also, [name]Hunter[/name] rings more unisex to me than the rest of your taste, if that matters to you.

[name]Logan[/name] - I’ve never been a huge fan of this name, to be honest, so maybe I’m not the best judge. [name]Plenty[/name] of people love this name so don’t worry about me : D. But again, there’s a bit of a word-name thing, it sounds like “low gun” to me (same reason I’m not wild about [name]Regan[/name], even though I love the Shakespearean heritage – I hear “ray gun” even if it’s pronounced more like “ree gun”). But, it could go well enough with [name]Scarlett[/name], there’s certainly nothing unpleasant about the combo. Somehow it doesn’t balance [name]Scarlett[/name] the way that the more classic boys’ names do to my ear. I also think it rings very Irish/Celtic, which [name]Scarlett[/name] doesn’t, so that’s another minor mismatch. Ultimately doable though.

[name]Jake[/name] - feels a little incomplete next to [name]Scarlett[/name], although I like [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name] well enough, and [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Jake[/name] does have a certain pleasant Western or outback or something kind of vibe. I like [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]James[/name] better, and I’ve always been a big advocate for using [name]Jake[/name] and even [name]Jack[/name] as nicknames for [name]James[/name], because of the historical relationship between the names [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]James[/name].

Anyway, you have some great choices! I like the balancing aspect of [name]Daniel[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] best, and if they’re true enough to your style I’d recommend you consider [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Chase[/name] and [name]James[/name] nn [name]Jake[/name].

Best wishes!