To Honor a Helen

I would like to honor my husband’s grandmother, [name]Helen[/name], with a girls name. The only variations of [name]Helen[/name] that I know of are [name]Helena[/name], [name]Helene[/name], and [name]Elena[/name].

Please help! Thanks!

There are so many variants of [name]Helen[/name] and NB has a great list of them, just go to this address:

My favourites are [name]Helena[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] and even [name]Helen[/name] itself:)

[name]Hope[/name] this helped!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Thank you!!

[name]Eleni[/name] is my fave :slight_smile:

I love [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]! But there are soooo many differnt ways to honor someone if none of the forms of [name]Helen[/name] float your boat. You could always go for a similar, but not quite related, name, such as [name]Helia[/name], [name]Heloisa[/name], or [name]Heloise[/name]. Another option is a name with the same meaning as [name]Helen[/name] – “bright/shinning”, such as [name]Alcyone[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Eirian[/name], [name]Leocadia[/name], or [name]Niamh[/name] (or Anglicized form Neeve). Finally, you could use names related to famous Helens, such a [name]Helen[/name] of [name]Troy[/name], whose story involved women named [name]Leda[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name].

Good luck! Whatever name you choose, I’m sure it will be beautiful!

I have a friend who wanted to honor a family member but did not like the name. They ended up choosing a name with a meaning that they thought perfectly described the person that they were naming after. When they told their family everybody cried and thought that it was really beautiful.

I like [name]Helen[/name] itself.