Tom,? Theo? Josh?

I have always loved [name]Thomas[/name] ([name]Tom[/name]), but both my Brother in law and his grandson already have this name. They live on the other side of the country from us, and we see them infrequently, but still - too many [name]Tom[/name]'s in one family??

An alternative is [name]Theo[/name], but maybe weird with last name [name]Reed[/name] (say it fast) (I love [name]Reid[/name] by the way but that is just too cruel!!!

And both my husband and I like [name]Joshua[/name], but it would appear to be so common everywhere. Having said that, my eldest daughter is [name]Emilie[/name] and we hardly ever come across [name]Emilie[/name]/[name]Emily[/name]'s despite its popularity. Other Daughter is [name]Kate[/name], so want something that goes with these two names, ie traditional/english.

I like [name]Oliver[/name] too. We will use [name]William[/name] as a middle name most likely (family) but do not like it so much as a first name.

Any comments or suggestions?

Why not [name]Thomas[/name] if you like it so much? I say go ahead and use it.

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]William[/name] is a grand name and goes very well with [name]Emilie[/name] and [name]Kate[/name].

With so many Toms in the family, I personally wouldn’t use [name]Thomas[/name] as a first name, but that’s just me. If you don’t think another [name]Tom[/name] will cause confusion, I don’t see any reason why you can’t use it!

I love your last name, and while [name]Theo[/name] isn’t the best with [name]Reed[/name], I don’t think it’s bad by any means. Hmmm…

[name]Joshua[/name] is too popular for me, but that’s just me. Then again, like you said, despite [name]Emily[/name]'s popularity, your little [name]Emilie[/name] isn’t swimming in a sea of Emilys or Emilies.

I absolutely love [name]Oliver[/name], but because it ends in an R and [name]Reed[/name] begins in one, I think that [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Reed[/name] sounds like [name]Oliver[/name] Eed.

From your list, if you don’t think that confusion will arise with another [name]Tom[/name], I think I’d go with [name]Thomas[/name], nickname [name]Tom[/name], because I think it sounds better than [name]Theo[/name] [name]Reed[/name] and isn’t as popular as [name]Joshua[/name].

[name]Emilie[/name], [name]Kate[/name], and:

[name]Daniel[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reed[/name] (popular like [name]Joshua[/name], but I thought I’d still suggest it)
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reed[/name] (ditto)
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reed[/name] (ditto)

More ideas that work with [name]Reed[/name] if [name]William[/name] isn’t in the middle:

[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Reed[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Calvin[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Reed[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Reed[/name] (popular, too…)
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Reed[/name]

Good luck!:slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name] your suggestion of [name]Simon[/name] [name]Reed[/name] is perfect.

Thanks, [name]Rollo[/name]! I really loved that one, too! :slight_smile:

I hope your daughter is doing well!

I have the same issue with too many Toms in my family! [name]Theo[/name] could be cute, but it doesn’t sound right with your name.

Some traditional and English sounding names…

[name]Philip[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Jason[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Orion[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Mathew[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]James[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Reed[/name]

Thanks, [name]Rollo[/name]! I really loved that one, too! :slight_smile:

I hope your daughter is doing well![/quote]

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] your kind thoughts are very much appreciated.