Too Anne of green gables?

I love the names Oliver and Felicity and I think that the names Gilbert and Blythe go very well with them for middle names. Therefore Oliver Gilbert and Felicity Blythe. I am not trying to reference Anne of Green Gables at all, I just like the sound of Oliver Gilbert and love that Felicity and Blythe have the same meaning. My question is, do you think you could have siblings with these names? Would most people even notice?

ETA: one of the characters names is Gilbert Blythe.

1 Like

I read [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables years ago, and only somewhat remember it. I remember the character [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] but don’t remember a character named [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. I don’t think most people would notice.

(I just looked it up, I didn’t realize that [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] was Gilbert’s last name. I still don’t think it will stand out unless somebody is a big [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables fan.)

1 Like

I think some people will definitely see the connection, but probably only your family who is going to know both of their full names. In theory, there won’t be that many other places/times when people are going to hear both of their middle names together. I don’t think it would be too much of an issue (:

I knew what you were talking about, but I honestly can’t see this being any sort of issue.

I think it’s totally okay! [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is such a fantastic, kind character anywho, so the association is a really sweet coincidence. I love [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] so much— absolutely gorgeous combos.

2 Likes

I’m from Atlantic [name_f]Canada[/name_f], so [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables is very well known here. If I saw [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] in writing I think I would make the connection, but it isn’t a bad connection at all! Also though, most of the time you’d probably just be calling them [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] without their middle names, so there wouldn’t be too much opportunity for people to notice it.

I say go for it!

2 Likes

I know [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is a character in [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables but since these are for middles it’s fine

I ADORE [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables!!!
As firsts, I wouldn’t use them together, but if you’re going to use [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] as middles, I don’t see a big deal. Both are cute names!!!

1 Like

I’d notice but just because I vividly remember the name [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] :joy:

2 Likes

I can see the connection, but I can’t see it being a big deal!