Too boring?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

I was always POSITIVE that I knew what my first two girls would be named.

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Elise[/name_f]” [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Cate[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] “[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]/[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]” [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

So I thought these were the perfect choices for years, but lately I’ve been thinking that they sound kind of gasp boring!!!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that these are boring? If you could suggest other names that I might like, that would be great!!

Some names I like:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]

I do not find them boring, I especially love [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], and [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]. I like that your two favorites, and the others on your list, offers many nickname possibilities. You could use a spunkier middle name with your elegant, classic names to make even more possibilities. I like offering my child different options, so their could be a name or nickname that will match varying personalities. I am unsure that I will use a nickname, I never have with my son, but I do not know what the future will hold for my son and any future children.

If you are having any slight hesitation the names might not be the ones. A person should love the name so much that they will not grow tired of the name for at least 60, 70 years you will hopefully be in your child’s life.

What about variations on the names you love?

Instead of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Elizabella[/name_f], [name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elisaveta[/name_f], [name_f]Elsbeth[/name_f], [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]?

Instead of [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Cassiopia[/name_f], [name_f]Acacia[/name_f], Casilda, [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]?

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is very pretty as well. [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] or [name_f]Vi[/name_f] are great nicknames.

It sounds like nicknames are important to you. I like:

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] - nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Dora[/name_f], or [name_f]Teddi[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] - nn [name_u]Gaby[/name_u] or [name_f]Elle[/name_f]

I’m not sure “too boring” is really it–I like quite popular names, too, and they may not be as exciting as the new vintage favorite on Nameberry, but they’re good, strong, beautiful/wonderful names. Personally, I love [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], and I find nothing boring about it at all. I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is beautiful, but maybe a little bit plain (but not boring, really–it is beautiful in its staid, classic appeal). Maybe just a new middle for [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]? I love the idea of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. So sweet. Maybe [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (love!), [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is pretty, and I have a very dear coworker with the name, and ha, she lights up my life. She’s hilarious. But I do find it pretty dated (and yes, boring!). Sorry. There’s nothing wrong with it–it’s a fine name–but I just feel like it needs a wee bit of a rest. It’s not terribly dated (not like [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] or [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], imo), and it is lovely, but it doesn’t seem fresh to me. Why not just [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]? If you love [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], I even think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] are great as sisters (or even [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]? It has a similar vibe, and I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] are beautiful together!)–I’m just a bit thrown off by [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. It seems a bit mismatched to me. Or you could even swap the middles? [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]? [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]?

I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] would be really great for sisters, too. Since you’ve loved [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] for so long I don’t really want to talk you out of it (most people don’t “get” my second favorite, [name_f]Arianne[/name_f], either! And I wouldn’t want to be talked out of that…)–I just like so many of your other options more. And it’s easier for me to get excited about them, haha. But [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] are lovely, and even if you never changed your combos, I’m sure little [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] would be lucky to have the names they would have. :slight_smile: