Too cheesy?

First, do you think the name [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] would work for a little boy?

Secondly, is this too cheesy to use with the last name [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]? I honestly think it’s kind of cute and I feel like I need to use a flower for one of my kids because well, it’s fun.

For girls, I have both [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] but I’m unlikely to use them.

1 Like

[name_u]Rosen[/name_u] would not be cheesy! I do like it!

[name_u]Rosen[/name_u] is sweet, but I wouldn’t do it with [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], sorry—at least, not on a real human.

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts too, sorry. I do love [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] but nobody wants their name to feel like a punchline.

[name_u]Rosen[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] is a tiny bit too floral for me - not for a boy, just in general

1 Like

While [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] is a sweet name, I think with the last name [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] it would be too much. Maybe as a sneaky fun middle name?

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] in a nice name, but I definitely agree with previous posters that it’s very floral with the last name [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], it sounds exactly like ‘rose in bloom’ when you say it out loud. If you love it a lot and just can’t let it go I would suggest moving it to the middle spot, where it won’t be in everyday use.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] on a boy, but maybe not with the last name [name_f]Bloom[/name_f].
may I suggest
[name_m]Alder[/name_m]
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_m]Basil[/name_m] (unless you don’t like alliteration! Plus having both a ‘b’ and ‘l’ sound in both names might sound like a lot. I think I like it though - reminds me of a character in a story or something!)
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkspur[/name_u]/[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]William[/name_m] (not as obvious as a more common flower name!)

some of these might seem too ‘feminine’ or ‘wordy’ next to [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] though, sorry!

Absolutely cheesy with [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]. What about Rosier?

[name_u]Rosen[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] sounds like a surname.
To me, [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] is a surname also, and I don’t think I’d take to it as a first name.

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] is really sweet, but unfortunately I do think it sounds a bit off with [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] as the surname just since Rosenbloom is a surname itself.

Yes, I would agree that [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] is beautiful but unfortunately doesn’t go well with the surname [name_f]Bloom[/name_f].

I love the suggestions for alternatives by @regionlatbest! I especially like [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u]/[name_u]Lark[/name_u] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] for you.

I might also suggest [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] for the nature/surname vibe or [name_u]Asa[/name_u] for the gentle/gender-neutral vibe.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] for a boy, but [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] seems a bit much. I love some of the suggestion above, like [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] or [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but maybe some other male form of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be better? Like Rosant, Rosar or Rosman?