Too close for siblings?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

I’ve been liking the name [name_u]Linden[/name_u] “Lindy” for a girl a lot recently, but my partner already has a son named [name_u]Liam[/name_u]. Are they too close for siblings?

For reference, [name_u]Wren[/name_u] (girl) and [name_u]Holden[/name_u] (boy) are my top choices. I also like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but I feel it’s too similar to [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

Thanks!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] are too close (a bit tongue-twisting), but [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u] are in a bit of a gray area. It just spends on your personal taste for alliteration. I think it would be borderline for me, but just a bit (my kids’ names alliterate, so I like that, but the rest of the names are more distinct from each other than [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u] are). Good luck!!

3 Likes

Personally I think [name_u]Linden[/name_u] is a cool way to connect to brother [name_u]Liam[/name_u] they sound very distinctively different but share beginning letters which would be a sweet way to connect them. On another note I like [name_u]Linden[/name_u] for boys more than girls so would prefer your other option of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] if you were to be blessed with a daughter.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

They are a little close for my liking but not unusably so. I do prefer [name_u]Wren[/name_u] as an option with [name_u]Liam[/name_u] however

1 Like

They are similar but I like it when names are similar so I’m biased lol
If you like it it’ll work, I also think having different nicknames help with any confusion x

1 Like

I think they work, though it may be difficult if you ever call Liam “Li” as a nickname. Otherwise it’s fine, but I definitely prefer Wren with Liam!

1 Like

I have 3 kids (soon to be 4!) with w names. I didn’t repeat a second letter in the name (ie the first vowel is different) In all of them. I actually like [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_f]Lindy[/name_f] as a set but I can at least share that I wanted my names very distinct and offer that as another alternative.

1 Like

I think they are too close. Why not just go for Lyndey?

1 Like

I think [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u] are cute together

1 Like

I dont think [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u] are too close, although I much prefer [name_u]Wren[/name_u] & [name_u]Liam[/name_u].

[name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u] are kind of close but I don’t think they’re matchy- it works.

1 Like

I personally don’t think Linden and Liam are too close. Although Rowan and Wren are definitely too close for my liking. This might be a bit unpopular but Holden and Linden are also bordering on too close imo. However it all comes down to what you like and consider too close! Good luck :two_hearts:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Linden[/name_u] / [name_f]Lindy[/name_f] is fine! Doesn’t sound that close to [name_u]Liam[/name_u] to me.

1 Like

Thanks so much! [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is absolutely our top choice. But wanted to see if [name_u]Linden[/name_u] was a strong contender for future children or if I should rule it out now.

It seems a lot of people prefer [name_u]Linden[/name_u] on a boy. Any particular reason why, or just preference?

@catieQ honestly i think of Linden for a boy just because it sounds so similar to Landyn/Landon, but Linden on a girl would be unique and sweet as well!

1 Like

I was actually going to ask about [name_u]Holden[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u], since they do share quite a few letters! I’m not surprised there’s a lot of similarities, but I’ve never had this many so close while making a list haha

[name_f]My[/name_f] concern too is that [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u] are fine, as are [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Holden[/name_u], but that [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Holden[/name_u] may be too much.

1 Like

Thank you! The more I see them together, the more I like them :blush:

Thoughts on [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Holden[/name_u] together?

This is the word I couldn’t think of - “matchy.” Thanks so much! I’m glad it’s mostly a preference thing.

1 Like

honestly I think even just Linden & Holden would be a bit too similar even if they were brother/sister instead of brothers. The -en ending is just a bit close for my liking! Liam, Linden & Holden would definitely be drawing it too close, but again if you really love it, then go for it!

I think that’s why [name_f]Lindy[/name_f] is appealing, even though I really love [name_u]Linden[/name_u] as well, bc it adds some distinction.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s name is also [name_u]Lyn[/name_u], so I love the subtle honor there.