Too close to Jasper Johns?

I really like the name [name]Jasper[/name], but our last name is [name]Jones[/name]. Is that too close to the name of the artist [name]Jasper[/name] Johns? It’s not a bad association at all, but will he constantly be hearing about it? I know there are probably plenty of people that have never heard of him, but would you not use a name because of this?

I am definitely one of the people who has never heard of him and if it’s a good association then use it. Especially if you like it.

Unless you live on the upper west side of New [name]York[/name] and move in artsy circles, use it. He can carry five gold stars and give one to each person who thinks of [name]Jasper[/name] Johns when they hear his name, and I’ll bet he ends up with four gold stars.

Hm, I’m not so sure. I mean, [name]Jasper[/name] Johns is pretty much the only famous [name]Jasper[/name] I can think of. So your last name being [name]Jones[/name] would definitely get noticed by some. Although I think most Americans in general wouldn’t notice, you probably should think about the circles you run in; if your friends are more intellectual then they will all have heard of [name]Jasper[/name] Johns. I know one [name]Johnson[/name] family and they did this type of thing twice and we thought it was pretty funny! Their daughter is [name]Indiana[/name] (reminding you of [name]Jones[/name] obviously) and their son is [name]Levi[/name] (reminding you of [name]Levi[/name] Jeans). It does actually make the name sound good and catchy though since you’ve already heard such a similar name! Good luck!