Too Close?

[name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Calliope[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are too close to be sisters? Would it make a difference if they went by [name]Callie[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] except on formal occasions?

I really like both names, and I think they go well together, despite having the same ending. I also love the nicknames.

They’re too similar for me, even with the nicknames.

It definitely works. [name]Calliope[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] have such different beginnings that there really won’t be any confusion, especially if they are [name]Callie[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] most of the time (such cute nicknames!).

When I initially saw the post I thought no way, they are way too similar. But with the different nicknames it could be okay.

I like both names but feel that they are too similar for sisters…

Maybe go for another name that would give you [name]Callie[/name]?

[name]Callah[/name], Callina, [name]Callista[/name]?

Too similar!

I think they are to similar. What about [name]Calypso[/name] or [name]Callisto[/name] instead of [name]Calliope[/name]?

Yes.
I would call them [name]Lio[/name] and [name]Nell[/name] :slight_smile:
They’re wonderful names, and I completely understand you wanting to use both, but for me it would be a no-go. Too similar. And there are so many other long Greek girls names to choose from, those are just the two most talked about these days.
[name]Andromache[/name], Basileia, Caliadne, Despoena, Eumelia, Florimel, Galateia, Hemera, [name]Ismene[/name], Kisseis, Lysianassa, Melpomene, [name]Nemea[/name], Oenone, Polymnia, Rheia, Sotiria, [name]Thalassa[/name], [name]Urania[/name], [name]Xanthe[/name] and Zosime are a few of the not yet discovered ones.

No I don’t think theyre too close. They both have the same vibe which i think makes them perfect as a sibset.