Too Close???

I have two daughters [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] and [name_f]Addie[/name_f] and we were thinking of naming our third, if it’s a girl, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. I have always loved this name and my oldest thinks it’s a perfect combination of their two names, but is it just too similar? Thoughts?

it is definitely a perfect combination of their names. i love the name [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. I don’t think it’s too close, but i would worry that your daughter might have a lot to live up to as a combo of her older sisters’ names? just a thought :slight_smile:

Wow! Completely correct mix hahaha! I personally would not go for it, but if I think about it I suppose it would be alright! Might be some confusion when you’re calling them all for supper but not the biggest tthing to worry about :slight_smile:

Not terrible but too close and cutesy for me with [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] and [name_f]Addie[/name_f] already.

I find it way too close, sorry.

I like it!

Yes, too close.

I think it’s too close, and personally it’s neat that the older two like the me, but I think you and your SO need to decide the name not your children.

Independent of each other, each name is darling, but adding [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] to the mix seems way too close to her sisters. I knew of a family with an [name_u]Abby[/name_u] and a [name_f]Libby[/name_f] and even that was too close.

I don’t think there’s too much trouble, as it’s a cute way to pair her sister’s names. I have a friend [name_f]Ally[/name_f] who’s name is a combination of her older siblings [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f], so it definitely can work. :slight_smile:

To me, it doesn’t sound like a good choice in general because all I hear is shady. It’s so similar.

Haha, it is rather amusing that it’s a combination of your older daughters’ names! I don’t think they’re too close personally, but I can see how others would think they are- if you don’t think it is, use it and don’t worry about what other people think, it won’t scar your daughter for life to have people think that her name is a bit similar to her sisters’.

I can’t see how others think it’s too similar but I think they’re different enough and cute together. [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] is a [name_m]Sid[/name_m]- [name_f]Addie[/name_f] is an [name_m]Add[/name_m]- and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is a Sayd-. If [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] we’re pronounced sadd- ey I would say they’re too close. I’m sure they’ll get mixed up occasionally but I think that happens in any family, regardless of how similar their names.

I think [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], [name_f]Addie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are lovely together.

I think it’s too close, there are names that match [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] and [name_f]Addie[/name_f] stylistically without taking sounds from them.

[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]