Too close?

are willa and mila too close for sisters? i feel like my brain is saying yes but my heart is saying no bc i love both names so much LOL!

1 Like

For a full name I think it may be a bit close (my mind won’t stop saying “Willa and MILLA”). But as nns i think it’s fine, so maybe a longer version for a fn?

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] could be;
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_f]Mila[/name_f] could be;
[name_f]Milena[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Yes, too close! But more than that, too trippy. :rofl: I keep wanting to say [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Milla[/name_f] or Wila and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]!

1 Like

I agree with @Byan-kuh — too close unless just an occasional nickname, in which case just about OK also still open to potential confusion. Sorry :disappointed:

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]?

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Mara[/name_f]?

1 Like

I would actually say I don’t think they’re too close to use. They are both lovely names, and although they both end in la, the first syllable is distinctly different. I think it is doable, especially if you absolutely love both names.

Too close. Like others, my brain wants to make them the same.

[name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] are impossibly similar but I wouldn’t use them together personally

[name_m]Alas[/name_m], yes, I think they’re too close in sound… & a bit hard to say together.
I really like a previous commenter’s suggestion of [name_u]Willow[/name_u] & [name_f]Mila[/name_f], though! [name_u]Or[/name_u] how about [name_f]Willa[/name_f] & [name_f]Mira[/name_f]? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too close

They’re too close. Maybe something close but not as similar, like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_u]Misha[/name_u], or [name_f]Mira[/name_f]?

Yes, they are too close for me, unfortunately. What’s more, I pronounce Mila ‘Milla’. So I wouldn’t use these two together, even though both the names are really sweet.

Sorry, but I think they sound too similar haha. Maybe you could use similar names together such as…

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Milena[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Milly[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Millia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and Mila-Ann

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
Willande and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
Wella and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]