Too flowery?

Hi, everyone! I love flowery names like [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] etc… But our last name is Fi0re, which basically means “flower” in Italian. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it would be too flowery to use the names I like with it? What would you suggest?

2 Likes

At first, I don’t think it would be too flowery, it would be lyrical and poetic plus not everyone would know that Fi0re means flower. [name_m]Just[/name_m] in case, I would use [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] or a flower name that isn’t an obvious flower name. If you’re still a bit worried about it, then maybe use a flower name as a middle name.

Hope this helps😃

1 Like

I think it would be fine with some of the more namey flower names ([name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] etc)

I think it would go well together and would honestly be adorable for a little girl! I like the idea of incorporating a not so associated flower [name_f]Dianella[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u] or like said [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u]! However there’s nothing wrong with common ones like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u], I think it compliments it also, I see no worry in it

If you don’t live in [name_f]Italy[/name_f], I think it’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s too flowery (however, I don’t think most things are too flowery; my home is slowly being consumed by flowers and floral patterns). I actually think it’s a fun connection, and not too obvious to your average [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker.

I think it’s okay. It might be too much if you were using a flower name that corresponded to the Italian, (ex: [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u], [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u], [name_f]Lavanda[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u], [name_f]Margherita[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u], etc) but I think the mix of languages helps to not make it so themey sounding.

Like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u] doesn’t sound as themey as [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Flowers or [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u] would, if that makes sense?

I might avoid [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] because they’re the same in Italian as they are in [name_f]English[/name_f], but honestly, I think they would be fine too.

2 Likes