Too juvenile?

We are seriously considering [name]Augustin[/name] for one of our babies, but I have some concerns about it. We need a bilingual English-French name so we like the thought of making [name]Augustin[/name] the full name, and calling him [name]August[/name] when we’re on English mode.
What I’d like to know is how well do you think [name]Augustin[/name] will grow? The “in” ending has a bit of a juvenile feel and I worry that it will sound silly on a grown man. What do you think? Is it a child’s name, or can it suit any age?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Augustin[/name] and [name]August[/name], and hope to use one someday. :slight_smile: For me, [name]Augustin[/name] is a fantastic name on both children and adults, and if anything, sounds like a name into which a little boy needs to grow. It’s an individual thing, but I find [name]Augustin[/name] quite mature, yet definitely usable and wonderful on a child.

I’m sure more people will be along, but count this as one enthusiastic vote for [name]Augustin[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love [name]August[/name]/[name]Augustin[/name], too! It doesn’t sound juvenile to me at all. It sounds more like an adult than a child to me, but I’d love it on a little one, too!

Not at all. Great name!

I don’t think it’s juvenile at all–it sounds very many to me! Great name!

Not juvenile at all. If anything, it sounds like a name that a little boy would have to grow into. Its a great name.

When I read ‘juvenile’ I was expecting something like [name_f]Braydyn[/name_f] or something really trendy. But I wouldn’t describe [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] as trendy or Juvenile, I think it sounds way more classic and serious. It’s a great name

All of the “[name_u]August[/name_u]” names are strong and masculine so I don’t think you have to worry about [name_m]Augustin[/name_m]. I was actually surprised that [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] was the name when I saw your post entitled “too juvenile”? I was expecting something like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] or [name_u]Mickey[/name_u]. [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] is a fine name.

I agree with the PPs. [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] is a long time love for me and it feels like it could suit any age.

Not at all? So many English names end in the -in sound. [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] will age fine.

I do worry that the English/[name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation of the names are just too different. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] would probably be an easier choice.

I agree with everyone above that [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] is in no way juvenile. I love the name and have it on my potential middle names list. Go for it! :slight_smile:

@Sugarplumfairy - I am not sure that [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] would make things less confusing. [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] in [name_m]French[/name_m] sounds very different than [name_u]August[/name_u] in English.

I love it!