Too many H names???

Help!
My husband’s name is [name]Hayden[/name]. When we were pregnant with our first son (11 years ago) we decided on [name]Henry[/name] as a way to honor grandfathers on both sides of the family. So, of course when we became pregnant with son #2, everyone wanted to know if we would pick another H name. Our answer was NO since matchy-matchy was not our intention in the first place. But then… we fell head over heels in love with the name [name]Hudson[/name]. So, now I have a [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] and I’m pregnant with son #3. What to do? I really would love to branch out, but will this little boy feel left out if his dad and brothers all have H names? What about an H for the middle name as a fall back?

These are the names we are looking at (or some combination):

[name]Charlie[/name] [name]Knox[/name]
[name]Tavish[/name] [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name] [name]Hill[/name]
[name]Linus[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Morris[/name] [name]Bishop[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Heath[/name]

Any input on the names or the whole “H situation” would be so appreciated!! Thank you :slight_smile:

What’s your name? You could give your son a first initial that is the same as yours- then neither of you are the odd one out. Of your list, I absolutely love [name]Paxton[/name], second place [name]Charlie[/name]. The only problem I see with [name]Paxton[/name] is that it’s a little close to [name]Hudson[/name]- but then maybe that’s a good thing. They share the same ending, like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] have the same beginning. As for a middle, you could use an H name if you think it could be a problem- he won’t be totally left out. I really like [name]Heath[/name] from your list. Good luck!

I agree that finding a name that starts with your first initial would be a good way to break with the H theme while still having that nice family connection.

From your name list, my favorites are [name]Paxton[/name], [name]Linus[/name], and [name]George[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name]! Such great names. I don’t think you necessarily need another H name. I think it’s most important you pick a name you love, because your son will know you chose a name you sincerely wanted to, rather an “eh” H name that you kind of like. That being said, if you do end up with an H name I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I’m not one who dislikes matching initials in siblings- I think it can be kind of cute actually. I agree with the pp’s about going with an initial that matches yours if you can. That way your son’s name is still interwoven with the family. If not, from your list I think [name]Linus[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] is fantastic. And I love the H name in the middle. [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Heath[/name] is excellent as well. [name]Paxton[/name] would be my third choice. I think it goes well with [name]Henry[/name] and share’s it’s ending with [name]Hudson[/name], plus [name]Hill[/name] is a super cool middle!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

The only way out of it I can see is to give a name that starts with your first initial, otherwise yes I do feel like you need to use another H name.

Thanks so much to all! I really appreciate your feedback. My name is [name]Stacy[/name]. The problem is that I am struggling with S names for boys… just can’t find one I really like. I do like [name]Shamus[/name], but I don’t like the nickname “[name]Shame[/name]”. However, my middle name is [name]Blake[/name] so I’m wondering if maybe a first or middle name for baby #3 would work for that family tie. Thanks again!

Have you thought about just using [name]Hugo[/name] as a first name?

Possible solution? [name]Shamus[/name] ([name]Seamus[/name])- call him [name]Shay[/name] for short. [name]Blake[/name] is also an excellent name in the first or middle spot. I’d probably keep it in the middle so he doesn’t feel left out. My whole family is D’s and it was always something we just joked about/laughed at. I love the names [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] btw.

Other possible “S” names: I’m just throwing them out there since [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] (and [name]Shamus[/name]) are different styles I’m not sure what style you necessarily lean toward. So, here it goes:

[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
*[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]SCHUYLER[/name] (Dutch) Armour
[name]SCOTT[/name] (English) Someone from [name]Scotland[/name]
[name]SEAN[/name] (Irish) God is gracious
[name]SEBASTIAN[/name] (Latin) One from [name]Sebastia[/name]
[name]SERGIO[/name] (Latin) Servant
[name]SETH[/name] (Hebrew) To appoint
[name]SEYMOUR[/name] (French) From St. Maur
SHAFER (Hebrew) Handsome
[name]SHALOM[/name] (Hebrew) [name]Peace[/name]
[name]SHAMIR[/name] (Hebrew) [name]Flint[/name]
[name]SHARIF[/name] (Hindu) Respected
[name]SHEPHERD[/name] (English) Sheepherder
[name]SHERWOOD[/name] (English) Shining forest
[name]SHILOH[/name] (Hebrew) [name]Unknown[/name] Definition
[name]SIDNEY[/name] (English) One from [name]Sidney[/name]
[name]SIMON[/name] (Hebrew) Good hears
[name]SOLOMON[/name] (Hebrew) Full of [name]Peace[/name]
[name]SPENCER[/name] (English) Seller of goods
[name]STANLEY[/name] (English) Stony meadow
[name]STAVROS[/name] (Greek) Crowned one
[name]STEADMAN[/name] (English) Someone who lives on a farm
[name]STEPHEN[/name] (Greek) Crowned
[name]STEWART[/name] (English) [name]Steward[/name]
[name]SULLIVAN[/name] (Irish) [name]Black[/name]-eyed
[name]SUTTON[/name] (English) Southern town
[name]SYLVESTER[/name]

I’m thinking [name]Silas[/name].

Sounds kind of like [name]Linus[/name] and goes well with [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name].

[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name], and [name]Silas[/name].

Yep! I love it! Good luck!

I prefer the spelling ‘[name]Sampson[/name]’ far better than ‘[name]Samson[/name]’. It is much more rare & I think it adds a certain character!
I really like ‘[name]Simon[/name]’ with your older boy’s names. In fact, I really like ‘[name]Simon[/name] [name]Heath[/name]’ or ‘[name]Sampson[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]’…

If you decide to go with an H name i like: [name]Holden[/name],[name]Huck[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Heath[/name], and [name]Harrison[/name].

If you go with a non H name I do like the idea of going off your name: [name]Shane[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name]. I also LOOOOVE the idea of using your middle name [name]Blake[/name] as the first name.

In the end don’t name him an H name unless you [name]LOVE[/name] the name, you came up with 3 great names for your boys that you love so keep that theme going and go with whatever you love :slight_smile: