Too Matchy For Twins?

I’m not expecting, just exploring the possibilities.
I have a great fondness for dramatic names, and have recently been really loving [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] (pronounced Aur-EM-Bee-Ay) and [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] (AW-Beh-Ron) especially for boy/girl twins.
Are they too matchy?
[name_m]Can[/name_m] you think of any good nicknames (my best friend suggested [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Bear[/name_m], but I’m not sold on them)?
Thank you!

Too matchy for me

1 Like

Visually, I think so, and I also don’t know how to pronounce [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f].

1 Like

Borderline for me—I think they could work. Having different syllable emphasis helps.

Remy and [name_m]Bear[/name_m] are cute! For [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f], maybe [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]? For [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], you could do [name_m]Rob[/name_m]/Robbie or [name_m]Ron[/name_m]/Ronnie. ([name_m]Obie[/name_m] could work with the oh-beh-ron pronunciation, but not so much here.)

1 Like

I don’t think they are too similar

1 Like

not too matchy at all in my opinion!

My immediate thoughts for nicknames were [name_f]Amber[/name_f] and [name_u]Ember[/name_u] for [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] or [name_u]Ren[/name_u] for [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]!

Here are some more ideas
[name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] - [name_f]Aura[/name_f]/Remy/Emmy/Bee/Bay/Ray/Rem
[name_u]Auberon[/name_u] - [name_u]Berry[/name_u]/Bear/Aubrey/Eron/Ron/Ronnie/Aubie/Bron/Ren

2 Likes

they are a little but I think they could work, especially with nns

1 Like

I think they’re definitely twin names and not sibling names, but if you like matchy matchy twin names they’d be fine.

1 Like

They look very similar visually but the sounds are different enough that I think it would be fine. Like someone else said, the different stressed syllables helps a lot. I actually really like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Bear[/name_m]! I’m struggling to think of other nicknames tbh.

1 Like

Yes, I do find them too matchy (especially visually) for my taste. However a lot of people like matchy-matchy twin names do that totally up to you.

1 Like

I think they are too similar sorry, but that’s just my taste. I prefer vastly different twin names that don’t look similar at all. [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] is uniquely beautiful and I surprised myself by pronouncing it right first time haha! And I quite like [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] too. [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Bear[/name_m] are really sweet nicknames. I like nns [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and [name_f]Aura[/name_f] for [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] and [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] for [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] (maybe [name_u]Berry[/name_u] would be cute when he was little!)

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions!

I think they are too matchy and I don think you could get [name_u]Remy[/name_u] from [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f]- sorry!

I think they’re similar, but not to the point where it’s a dealbreaker for me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] for [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f]!

1 Like

I don’t think that they are too matchy as they look so different.
Nickname options for [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f]
Aury
[name_m]Rem[/name_m]
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bee[/name_f]
[name_f]Em[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]

Nickname options for [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]
Berr
[name_u]Berry[/name_u]
Aubie
Auby