Too matchy matchy?

Looking for a strong one or two syllable boy name. (Our second and last kiddo. Not sure if it’s a boy, but we already have a girl name picked)

Our first is [name_m]Joel[/name_m] with mn [name_m]David[/name_m] (my dad’s name)
We were thinking the second could be [name_m]Jack[/name_m] with mn [name_m]Richard[/name_m] (FiL’s name)

Does [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] sound cheesy?

No, I think it’s a nice pairing. Both short, strong, and solid. Good luck!

Thanks!

Any other name suggestions from you or others would be appreciated as well. So far we’ve thought of [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. That’s about it. I seem to feel blah about boy names. ” [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is a definite for the middle name though.

Sounds fine to me. I see a [name_m]Joel[/name_m] as more sensitive and a [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as more rough and ready, but that’s OK.

[name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are nice! I like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] too,

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]/[name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

I really like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m], and [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Gavin[/name_m].

[name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are nice together! I don’t think they’re too matchy.

I prefer [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as brothers for the greater contrast in sounds, and different initials.

What other names have you and DH liked apart from [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]?

Some suggestions based on [name_m]Joel[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]…
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Will[/name_m]

I think it’s really fine! I and my sibling have really similar names that I often think someone was calling me but it was my sibling, but that never caused us any big problems. That being said, [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are not matchy matchy and if they are, it’s not a problem too.

I think they’re fine together. Other ideas: [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m]/ [name_m]Hank[/name_m], [name_u]Glenn[/name_u], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_m]Kent[/name_m], [name_m]Trent[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. Good luck.

I do like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m], even more than [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. To me, [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are even more matchy. My suggestions are:

[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_u]Evan[/name_u]/[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Eoin[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] & [name_m]Milo[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] sound nice together!