Too Much??

[name]How[/name] do you feel about two middle names? I was never a big fan until I started perusing this site. Now, I am kind of intrigued.

That being said how do you feel about the names:

[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Penny[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

Feedback appreciated!

A life of frustration filling in the boxes on forms.

I get the appeal of sneaking in one extra name, but would never do it. I’m too OCD, and not filling in the 2nd inital on a form, or not using it for monograms or whatever would drive me crazy. Plus, I think it might be considered austentatious in my area.

I like your middle name combos - [name]Daisy[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. They sound like a lovely twinset. You could always choose them alone. Personally, [name]Emerson[/name] is too masculine sounding and should remain with the boys and [name]Temperance[/name] is not the best virtue name (it means having self-restraint). I wouldn’t want to start my daughter’s life with an instruction to deny herself what life has to offer. [name]Just[/name] a thought. I love alot of virtue or word names but this one is not a favourite of mine. What about Solace [name]Daisy[/name] [name]June[/name] or [name]Temple[/name] [name]Penny[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?
As far as two middle names are concerned, I will have to agree with the other posters. It may be a hassle while filling out the numerous forms of modern life.

[name]Even[/name] though I like both of your combinations, I think double middles sound a little pretentious UNLESS you are A.) English, or B.) using two middles for a very good reason; such as naming your daughter after both grandmothers. I wish I didn’t feel this way, because I really want to name a girl [name]Margo[/name] [name]Patricia[/name] [name]June[/name] after nobody in particular. And I’m American.

I agree with the other posters. I dislike 2 middle names for the monogram issue, filling out forms, and it seems pretentious.

I’m not a fan of double middle names.

Bucking the trend, I love two middles. I am British but I can’t say it’s a big thing in my family. I’d say 90% of my family have one middle and some have none but a few relatives do have two and as far as I know it doesn’t affect their lives in a negative way at all! It’s something to consider, but I think people overstate it. Unless you use 3 really long names, and have a really long last name, or you use more than two middles, I don’t think it’s a big deal. I went to school with a girls who had 4 middles! Now that was too much lol.

Maybe it’s different in the US but in [name]Britain[/name] most forms I’ve seen that ask me to fill out my name, either has a freehand section saying first name(s) where you can write them all, or has a first name section and then a part saying middle initial(s).

Having said that I also like your middle name combos but the first names aren’t my style. I don’t like that the word Temper is in [name]Temperance[/name] and I dislike names ending in [name]Son[/name] for girls since they mean “son of”. That’s just me though, other than that they flow well :slight_smile:

I love two middle names! I think it’s classy and beautiful.

[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] [name]June[/name] – I’m really not a fan of [name]Emerson[/name]… on a girl. That’s just me, though, of course, but I find naming a girl a name with ‘son’ in it to be a little odd. [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]June[/name], however, are darling!
[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Penny[/name] [name]Claire[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Temperance[/name], love [name]Penny[/name], love [name]Claire[/name]. But I’m not sure how they sound together… hm. I like it, though!

For along time I didn’t like two middle names. The more I see them on this site though the more I like them!

For [name]Emerson[/name]…my husband and I love, love the name nn [name]Emmy[/name]. We were thinking about spelling it [name]Emersyn[/name] to steer away “son” ending, but then we aren’t sure if that is too trendy. I mean [name]Alison[/name] ends in son and is always thought of as a girls name. I feel like [name]Emerson[/name] is a bit masculine (I don’t mind gender neutral and neither does my husband) and don’t want her mistaken for a boy on paper so [name]Daisy[/name] as a middle solves that. [name]June[/name] is a family name.

[name]Temperance[/name] I just feel is beautiful, and different! nn Tempe (temp-ee). [name]Penny[/name] is my mom’s name and she recently died so I really want to include that name!!

What do you think of [name]Emersyn[/name] [name]Penny[/name] [name]June[/name]?

I [name]LOVE[/name] two middle names! My husband and I both have two, have given our first son two, and will continue this with our other children as well. Monogramming has never been a problem and I prefer four letter monograms - they look fantastic and stand out next to the typical three letter monograms in my opinion. I have never given two second’s thought to not being able to write every name on a form…who cares?! I get compliments all the time on my name and my son’s.

I can’t imagine not having two :slight_smile:

[name]Emersyn[/name] is way to tryndee for my taste. I agree with the pp, [name]Emerson[/name] is very masculine soundin. [name]Emmy[/name] is an adorable nn though, so I see where you asre going. What about [name]Emery[/name]? Or maybe [name]Emeline[/name] or [name]Emilia[/name]?

[name]Emerson[/name] is such a wonderful literary name that it would seem wrong to mess with the spelling if you go that route. [name]Emmy[/name] [name]June[/name] is adorable. [name]June[/name] is feminine enough to offset the masculinity of [name]Emerson[/name]… I think. I really like [name]Emerson[/name] [name]June[/name], but if you decide it is too masculine, I agree with leah_9 that [name]Emery[/name] [name]June[/name] is a nice alternative. And I definitely would not go with 2 middle names. It just seems overly complicated. We call my daughter by her middle name ([name]Harper[/name]), and in retrospect I wish I had made her middle name her first name. Good luck!

I agree, if you do use [name]Emerson[/name], keep to the original spelling. I don’t like how [name]Emersyn[/name] looks and it bothers me more than the son in [name]Emerson[/name] does! Lol.

I agree though that [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Emery[/name] would be awesome ways to get to the nn [name]Emmy[/name]…or [name]Emmanuelle[/name] (which I think matches [name]Temperance[/name] better!) or [name]Ember[/name].

My favourites are [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Emmanuelle[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name].

[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Penny[/name] [name]June[/name] would be cute though or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Penny[/name] [name]June[/name] which in my opinion would be stunning!! :slight_smile: Best of luck

In the past I had only known Brits to have more than one middle name (I’m American). Then, I started seeing how most European royalty had two or more middle names.
About 3 years ago, friends of ours had a baby girl and gave her two middle names. They did the same thing with their son a year later. I like the idea, I think it’s a great way to honor relatives and/or use names you really like that you may never get to use since it’s unlikely you’ll be having 7 kids in the future! So far, they are the only people that I personally know that have done this.
I kinda wish we had done the same thing with our son.
I agree with some of you though, I did always wonder what the parents did when filling out forms etc. I asked my girlfriend this, and she didn’t give me much of an answer.
BTW, I also love love love the name [name]Emmanuelle[/name]! Such a refreshing choice instead of [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Emma[/name], which are both absolutely beautiful names, but we all know a little too popular right now.

Not that I am adding anything new, but [name]Emerson[/name] definitely needs to keep the traditional ending if you go that route. I am not opposed to having two m’s, which actually works out better for your [name]Emmy[/name] nickname - [name]Emmerson[/name] [name]June[/name] is adorable!

I don’t mind double middle names. I like your middle name combinations but I don’t care for [name]Emerson[/name] or Temperence. [name]Emerson[/name] is too boyish and modern for [name]Daisy[/name] [name]June[/name]. I think [name]Tabitha[/name] would sound nice with either middle name combo.