Too much?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! This is all hypothetical but are any of the following names usable or are they too much/too out there? I struggle with boys names and though I do have a couple of ‘safe’ or ‘solid’ options that I really like, I enjoy these too, but I’m wondering about wearability as first (or middle) names

The names are:
[name_m]Azarius[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Sholto[/name_m]
Hareton
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Algernon[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]

Thanks!

Honestly, I think they’re all usable. Although I’m not really liking the sound of a couple myself (Hareton & [name_m]Sholto[/name_m]) I think they’re all wearable as either firsts or middles.

I think they could all be usable, however, I find these the easiest to wear:
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Sholto[/name_m]

[name_m]Algernon[/name_m] and Shalto seem odd, partially because I cannot pronounce them, but Shalto seems more usable than [name_m]Algernon[/name_m] (which could be a mn)
The others seem usable.

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m], and [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] are definitely wearable without any question.

I think [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] could also be wearable, but I’m a bit more hesitant with that one.

[name_m]Azarius[/name_m] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] fall into the maybe category, where I would use them if I really loved them, but otherwise would probably suggest a different name.

I think [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], Hareton, and [name_m]Algernon[/name_m] might be too much of a stretch.

[name_m]Sholto[/name_m], Hareton, [name_m]Algernon[/name_m], and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] are names I wouldn’t myself want to be named. I almost said saddled with, sorry.

The others are to me lovely and perfectly usable.

I think they’re all wearable, honestly.

[name_m]Sholto[/name_m] is the only one I’m unsure of.

The rest are all very wearable.

I know a lot have expressed doubt about [name_m]Algernon[/name_m] but I love that name!!! I think of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] Wilde’s The Importance of Being [name_m]Earnest[/name_m] every time I hear it, which is a very positive reference!

Thanks everyone for your honest thoughts!!

[name_m]Azarius[/name_m] is the only one that can be seen as odd, but I’m probably no help because I’m considering names like [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] and Galahad for my child. :wink:

I think they are all usable as middles, but these are the ones I think are more wearable as firsts…

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sander[/name_u]/Lyss
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jed[/name_m]/[name_u]Jem[/name_u]/[name_f]Jez[/name_f]/[name_u]Jerry[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m]/[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] nn [name_m]Thad[/name_m]/[name_m]Deuce[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]

Thanks again! This has been really helpful :slight_smile:

I think all are wearable. My favorites are [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m].

The names are:
[name_m]Azarius[/name_m] - I like it as a first name but it is really kind of ‘out there’.

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] - I find this one is the same as the one above.

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] - this is very mainstream if you ask me so no prob as a first.

[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] - not to my taste but some people like it.

[name_m]Sholto[/name_m] - Absolutely not!

Hareton - [name_m]Just[/name_m] say no.

[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] - I think this is very mainstream. I’d use it.

[name_m]Algernon[/name_m] - Not my taste

[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] - Um, no.

I think [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m], [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] are very usable :slight_smile: (especially [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]… ;))

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m], [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m], and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] are well within the top 1000 in the US. These are definitely usable.

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], and Hareton feel very wearable to me. [name_m]Algernon[/name_m] might be a bit stuffy. Not sure how I feel about [name_m]Azarius[/name_m], but it doesn’t strike me as completely out there given the popularity of [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], etc.