Too old-fashioned???

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!
My hubby and I are deciding between two names if our baby (due in two months) is a girl; but I would love your opinions on this. Are these names too “old” for a baby?? We want something simple, classic and unique.

Here they are, paired with the middle name (which is a family name, so it’s non-negotiable)

[name]Maude[/name] Nadalin
[name]Maeve[/name] Nadalin

HELP!!! Thanks!!

I like [name]Maeve[/name] much better than [name]Maude[/name].
I am thinking of an old fashioned name if my baby is a girl too - [name]Ivy[/name].

Can’t think of a name more new fashion than [name]Maeve[/name]! I also happen to love it. I think [name]Maude[/name] is also newly returned to fashioned, but [name]Maeve[/name] is the clear winner.

Great choice!

Thanks ladies for the quick reply!!! It really helps to have an outside opinion, as we aren’t telling anyone in our family until the baby comes.
@ Nin17 - [name]Ivy[/name] was our third choice, I think that’s a great name too!

Thanks again!

I love [name]Maeve[/name], and while [name]Maude[/name] is certainly one that I can see being revived in the near future, I think a lot of people consider it along the lines of [name]Gertrude[/name]. I also think [name]Maeve[/name] Nadalin sounds much better than [name]Maude[/name] Nadalin.

I think [name]Maeve[/name] is an excellent choice - spunky, fresh and unique. It’s simply lovely! I agree with previous posters that I don’t see [name]Maude[/name] being revived anytime soon. [name]Just[/name] my opinion though!!! Good luck naming! :smiley:

In addition to being a bit fresher in sound, [name]Maeve[/name] Nadalin is much easier to say than [name]Maude[/name] Nadalin, in my opinion. [name]Maeve[/name] is great! Go for it!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Maeve[/name] is great! I have a friend called [name]Maeve[/name] and I’ve always liked her name :slight_smile: I’ve never thought of it as being old-fashioned.
The only down side (though it isn’t very bad) is that people always mis-pronounce her name and call her [name]Mauve[/name] (her favourite colour is purple so she doesn’t mind much!)

[name]Maude[/name] is alright as well but I much prefer [name]Maeve[/name] :slight_smile:

Oh, [name]Maeve[/name], without a doubt! And I wouldn’t consider [name]Maeve[/name] old-fashioned at all.

[name]Maude[/name], however, is very old fashioned and clunky, to me…I just feel like it sounds frumpy. :frowning: So I absolutely vote for [name]Maeve[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love both and don’t think either are too old fashion. My vote would have to be [name]Maude[/name] Nadilin!!!

I love both names although [name]Maude[/name] has a more “old-fashioned” feel to it than [name]Maeve[/name]. So it will have to come down to the flow of the name and I think [name]Maeve[/name] paired with the middle name Nadalin has a better sound. I hope that both names go well with your surname. Best wishes.

Gosh, I love them both! Neither are too old-fashioned at all. If I had to pick a favorite, I would choose [name]Maude[/name] over [name]Maeve[/name], but both are lovely! Great choices!