Too plucky?...

My boyfriend and I have settled on [name]Teagan[/name] for the first name of our second baby girl due at end of [name]May[/name]/ early [name]June[/name]. And we have thrown middle name ideas back and forth for a while. I know we still have plenty of time to choose but i’m a bit on the impatient side. I like to identify with the little life inside me.
Our other little girl is [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Which was solid right from the start.

I would like a middle name that relates to nature in some way. I like flower names typically. But [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are so overused.
Right now i’m leaning heavily on [name]Poppy[/name] for a middle name. But my bf cringes at the idea.
I think it’s perfect! We are both native Californians, and it’s our state flower!

Is it worth pushing? Or am I just not hearing it the same as he is?

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]

yay or nay?

Other flowery or nature suggestions?

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] is a bit abrupt and lacking flow, though I do adore the name [name]Poppy[/name].

These are the first ones that pop into my head. [name]Teagan[/name] Madelief, [name]Teagan[/name] Chrysanthe, [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]

I don’t know what it is, but [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] just doesn’t flow well for me. I think maybe it’s that they both have pretty strong consonant sounds, so they’re a bit clashy in a way? I totally understand your dilemma - I prefer to have a baby name settled on ASAP because it helps me identify with the baby too.

Some nature-y combos I’m throwing out here:

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Camellia[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Sage[/name]

Those are all something a bit softer to go with the strong sounds and androgyny of [name]Teagan[/name].

Mmm I agree, it is a bit abrupt. But if you really like it you could consider adding a second middlename?

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]

Other than that, I go like the suggestion of [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]!

First of all, I think [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name] are perfectly matched sister names! However, like the pp said, while [name]Poppy[/name] is fun, [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] does not flow very well.

This exactly.

Some suggestions that come to mind are:
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]

Wow. GREAT suggestions!! Thanks! These have been really helpful. I particularly like [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Sage[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]. :slight_smile:

Yes [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Sage[/name] or [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] both flow better than [name]Poppy[/name], and they’re [name]California[/name] natives too!

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Pine[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]

Given that [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name] are similar, I think a long flowy name to match [name]Josephine[/name] is best

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Raine[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Sky[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Skye[/name]