Too similar for siblings?

Our son’s name is [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], and we have always loved the name [name_u]Malin[/name_u] for a girl. But, I’m concerned [name_u]Malin[/name_u] is too similar to [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and they’ll sound too ‘matchy-matchy’. Any thoughts or advice on this?

Thanks!

I think [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and [name_u]Malin[/name_u] are different enough to work as siblings, they’re really nice name choices too.

I think [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and [name_u]Malin[/name_u] are fine as siblings!

What about [name_f]Marin[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_f]Merryn[/name_f], [name_f]Malia[/name_f], [name_f]Mara[/name_f] or [name_f]Marla[/name_f]?

They’re fine together and I’m picky about this sort of thing. :slight_smile:

I think that they’re fine, but if you are still hesitant about it I suggest the ultimate name test: Have your partner or a close friend or family member who you’re comfortable sharing the name with stand on opposite ends of your house and call the names back and forth to each other. Try it with one person in a room upstairs and one downstairs, if you have two floors, and try it while just standing across the house. If you can clearly and easily tell which name is being called, then you’re good. If not, then maybe it might be time to go back to the drawing board.
Good luck!