Too similar? Opinions?

So it seems like all the names I like end in -on. ([name]Colton[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Greyson[/name], [name]Emerson[/name]) just a few examples but the last name will be [name]Hudson[/name]…too similar? I’m not sure if those names sound weird with the last name or not. Opinions?

Yes, far too similar for nameberry tastes. The names will rhyme. Especially if you pick a first name ending with -son; [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] sounds faintly silly.

• an/-on/ -en is THE dominant sound for boys’ names right now. It’s extremely popular, so many of those names will strike you as modern and appealing.

Yup, sorry it’s a little similar. The good news is that your last name is hip, classic, and has swagger, so pick an awesome name that is OFF the beaton -ton/-son path for your baby so they can be Supreme [name]Court[/name] [name]Justice[/name] or something someday ad everyone will like him just because of his name.

Yeah it is a little too redundant. Sorry

I find the ones that end in Ton more doable than the ones that end in [name]Son[/name]. [name]Colton[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] isn’t as bad as [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]. I would say the [name]Son[/name] ending is a deal breaker, but the Ton ending works if you really love the name.

You could use -on names, but I do think they rhyme a bit too much with your last name. What about [name]Colt[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Grey[/name] & [name]Emery[/name]?

I agree that unfortunately it’s quite rhyme-y.

I’m afraid they are a bit too similar…

Sorry, but I have to agree with all the previous posters. Any of the -on names are going to be pushing it and the -son ones especially. I like anajo’s suggestion to use names that are the root of the -on names you like.

Thanks everyone! That’s what I was thinking, if we were to choose any of those it would be [name]Colton[/name] but I still think it’s too similar. He doesn’t mind the rhyming as much as I do because his first name is [name]Justin[/name] and it kind of has the same rhyme thing to it but I remember my reaction when I heard his whole name and I don’t want that for my child.

Keep us posted on what you decide! I like the ideas offered by anajo.

Hate to say it, but I think they are too similar. Anajo made some nice suggestions of alternative names. Good luck!