too similar sounding for siblings? wdyt?

I posted about [name]Leroy[/name] the other day, a name my husband and I have always liked. But now our dilema is that one of our son’s name is [name]Eli[/name]… do you think [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Leroy[/name] is a bit much together? My other son’s name is totally different sounding.

They aren’t so much alike that I wouldn’t use them (if you really love [name]Leroy[/name]) but it might be a bit of tongue twister when you’re trying to get their attention!

I agree… they do sound similar when pronounced together, however if you really love the names I think you should use them. They do not sound ridiculous together at all, just a little rhythmic.

well, i’m not a huge fan on the name [name]Leroy[/name] in general, and it’s not that they sound too much alike, but it’s that [name]Eli[/name] is such a nice, sophisticated name and [name]Leroy[/name] isn’t as sophisticated.

• [name]Evelyn[/name]

I think they do sound a little similar, but it’s not like you’re going to be constantly saying their names one after another, out loud, all the time. To me, they’re still very distinct names, and it would be fine to use them together. Plus, [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Leroy[/name] seem like a duo of swaggering cowboys, which is kind of awesome…

Here something that might be the deciding factor for me: What’s the birth order? I’ve noticed that people tend to list siblings chronologically. So, I’ll pretend your other son is named [name]John[/name]. If [name]Eli[/name] is the oldest, then it’d be [name]Eli[/name], [name]John[/name], and [name]Leroy[/name], which doesn’t bother me at all. But if it’s [name]John[/name], [name]Eli[/name], and [name]Leroy[/name], that might be too similar for my taste.