Too similar?

Are [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] and [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] too similar for first cousins who live close? I can’t get over how much I love the name [name_m]Maxim[/name_m].

They do sound very similar - and nicknames could certainly be an issue if there’s [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Pax[/name_u]. Similar to [name_m]Maxim[/name_m]:

Maxwell
[name_m]Maximillian[/name_m]

2 Likes

I think they’re pretty close but maybe not too close for cousins. But I don’t love [name_m]Maxim[/name_m], it just makes me think of the magazine. Maybe [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] or [name_m]Maximillian[/name_m]? That would also not be as close to [name_u]Paxton[/name_u].

1 Like

Definitely not too close for cousins.

1 Like

Fine for cousins!

I agree with above that they could be a bit confusing (for the grandparents if nothing else) and that other [name_u]Max[/name_u]- names would probably be better options.

Also not sure where you live, but [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] is rather well-known men’s magazine, that is not viewed in a good light by many. I’d pick a different version of [name_u]Max[/name_u] for this reason, if nothing else.

4 Likes

No, fine for cousins.

I think they sound different enough :slight_smile:

I think they only sound similar if you give them the nn of [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Pax[/name_u].:blush:

Definitely not, unless you’re close and they’d go by [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Pax[/name_u].

Hi there.

Oh, I don’t know. They’re definitely too close for brothers, but if [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] is really the only name that you love enough to use, go for it. Having a close cousin isn’t a total deal breaker. I have nephews who are very close best bud first cousins called [name_m]Kier[/name_m]@n & Cilli@n, & it works fine even though the names are pretty similar.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Not for cousins! I think, if they end up getting along and being good friends, they will like the similarity!

I don’t think they are close. Perhaps if you used [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Pax[/name_u] maybe? But then they are cousin’s so I’d say it was ok.

I think it’s fine for cousins!

Nothing is too close for cousins in my book, not even the same name. Unless you all live in one house.

No fine. It would be ok imo.

Totally fine for cousins

They are absolutely fine.