Top 10 fave

If you could only use names from the top 10 of your country (or Nameberry, if Nameberry is your place of residence :sweat_smile:) which girl name would you pick and why?

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I love the nickname [name_f]Livvy[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Tough choice.

3 Likes

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] :ribbon:

2 Likes

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] ā€œMia.ā€ Two in one.

This was actually my #1 girl name for years, but it got too popular. :upside_down_face: still love it though.

4 Likes

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] would be my choice.

2 Likes

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Iā€™ve always loved this name, but itā€™s too popular for me to use now.

2 Likes

If I had o pick a US top 10 name, it would be [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Iā€™ve always thought it was a nice name, I love the nickname [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], and itā€™s about the only name in the top 10 that hasnā€™t already been used by a friend or family member.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is a close second because it was one of my great grandmaā€™s names but my cousin already used it for her daughter.

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], nn [name_f]Callie[/name_f]

I also like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f] a lot!

4 Likes

Out of the Nameberry ones, I would go with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. Iā€™ve always loved the name [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but itā€™s too popular now. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is also really pretty and related to one of my favourite girl names.

2 Likes

olivia!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have many great associations with the name and not many bad ones!

3 Likes

From my country Iā€™d use [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

1 Like

Canā€™t decide between [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Iā€™d use [name_u]Harper[/name_u] for a middle.

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] ā€œCharlieā€
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] ā€œTillieā€

3 Likes

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] for sure. Itā€™s one of my favourite names. Itā€™s #10 here in Australia and itā€™s popularity is the reason I didnā€™t use it for my daughter!

From the Nameberry list itā€™d be out of [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but Iā€™d likely go with [name_f]Freya[/name_f] (even though itā€™s a little more popular than Iā€™d like).

2 Likes

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

1 Like

US: [name_u]Harper[/name_u] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
NB: [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

3 Likes

Going for a few different things for this so kinda cheating but~

From the US (full country)- [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (#5)
For [name_u]Texas[/name_u]- [name_f]Camila[/name_f] (#3)
For PR- [name_f]Ainhoa[/name_f] (#5) (this was hard though :sob:)
For NB- [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (#8) (Luna is not at all far behind though)

3 Likes

[name_f]Mia[/name_f] is my actual favourite name so Iā€™ll say her!

3 Likes

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] would be my top choice, with [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] as a close second. Iā€™d hate to use such a popular name but I do find them to be lovely!

For the top 10 in my state, Iā€™d pick [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

1 Like